on 1 March 2011
I bought the Draper Expert Combination Router specifically for the fixed base attachment to use with a new router table I recently bought. I have been impressed with the quality of the kit and because it is more manageable than my previous router I now use the plunge attachment for hand routing most of my work leaving the fixed base attached to the table just switching the motor from one to the other which is simple and easy to do.
22 Comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 October 2011
Bought this router for special perpose of mounting on an attachment on a different type of tool after confirm sizes with Draper who responded to email very quickly . This piece of equipment work extremely well in this situation . Have used also in the plunge & fixed
configurations and obtained great results . Every thing supplied fits and works great The soft start is an excellent function and the LED lights does help in illimating the actual cutting area.
on 16 July 2012
Looked around for ages for a router I could mount in a home made lift, draper fit the bill perfectly. Well made peice of kit expect to get years of use from it. One unexpected benefit on the fixed router base is you can adjust the router height from above the table by using an extended Allan key to interface with the micro adjuster.
on 27 November 2011
Probably the best router in this price range I have ever used. Ability to utilise both fixed and plunge bases is an enormous asset.

Lacks build quality of some offerings but not those in same price range.
on 18 April 2012
This is a fantastic piece of kit. Worth every penny. Very solidly built and comes with many accessories including a very robust carrying case which was not even mentioned on the sales pitch. One of the best tools I purchased for a long time.
on 23 December 2013
I've spent a lot of time looking for an affordable 1/2" router with a fixed base to use on a router table. This one fits the bill perfectly. Good amount of power, soft start, an actual on/off switch (as opposed to a button) and a micro adjusting knob which can also be accessed from above the table. All this for a fraction of the price of others with ONLY a fixed base.
I think only a professional router user could (possibly) fault this machine.
on 12 February 2014
The fixed base fall from high place and became pieces. I look for fixed base replacement but i did not find anything online.
I contact amazon and they help me as much as they can :).

I contact customer service and the answer was : I'm sorry we do not sell the fixed based separately.
Kind Regards,Signature Charlotte Hawkins ,National Accounts,Draper Tools Ltd

After research in google people say like this : "After some investigtion on the net,The Draper 1350 Expert look exactly as the Craftman router" and "Draper Expert 45368 which is nearly identical to my MasterCraft router" so i bought Craftsman Router Fixed Base off ebay .Next week i will get the fixed base and will see if it fits or no.

Overall this is a good router for the price, robust and have enough power but forget about base replacement from draper tools company.

Update:

I can confirm that craftsman router fixed base fit to Draper Expert 45368. Router's opening fits in 3 ½". The base has Gear style adjustment in the back. The seller name is jrsewholesale on ebay.com . I add images to product page showing Draper router in craftsman router base.
review image
on 14 October 2012
Even if I'm not considering me an expert, I'm amazed about the good quality of this product. I would suggest everyone who wants to have a reliable tool at home, not to hesitate and buy this router instead of other product 20 or 30 pounds less expensive. I know there are many other brands available, but, for about half of the price it is loaded with all the features like other big names and do not be afraid about weight. In this field low weight is hidding poor quality. Come on...you probably feel that good reliable tools age is almost gone. Almost each manufacturer tries today to decrease the amount of material in order to obtain low production costs for this crazy low price era. This router show to me that Draper still stands on the barricades of quality.
This is my first Draper tool and I choose Expert line just to give myself a chance not to buy another router in short time. I like the way it cuts the wood and this low start speed feature should give the motor longer life. I like the double type possibility of shanks provided. The only suggestion I would say: if Draper sells this product to European customers through Amazon,it would be better to include European-mainland type of plug. Anyway, is not a big deal. If you know where to search, you can find a really good adaptor for less than 1 euro.`
And a good tip for Romanian buyers: buy this draper router from amazon, not from a Draper sole agent from Romania, who will sell you this product without delivery cost at double price. Nice, isn't it?
on 3 November 2013
This router is very easy to use, it is fantastic for under table mounting, extremely powerful gearing considering it is just 1350w, the build quality is very very good with a solid feel, it is very comfortable to use.

The dual bases is such a fantastic design which I had never used before as I only had standard plunge type built in, I really like this way or removing the base of the router.

i have found it very accurate to use with no under or over cutting, the micro adjustment is so simple to use and get spot on cuts almost every time with my trend cutters.when the router is locked it is spot on nats cock accurate which is all i can ask for.

Also it is very small package compared to other routers but punches well above its weight
i have so much positive control with this router it makes router work a dream ,it is very easy to handle when you need to be very accurate cutting with good visibility.

I found chip removal no problem with a standard vac

i have no regrets buying this what so ever and I was so close to buying the silverline budget router on cost grounds. So looking at price compared the the budget routers it is quite expensive if you are on a very tight budget like i was, but after using it i am so pleased i was not going down the silverline route for a cheap router.

Again looking at high end routers the draper is very cheap and very capable.

I would have no hesitation recommending this router, at time of purchase I got it for just over £100 in 2011 which is fantastic value for money at the time when it was just weeks earlier selling for over £150

It has worked fantastic to this day with loads of use both freehand and bench mounted

If this broke down today I would buy another one without any hesitation.
on 15 September 2012
Well packaged sturdy product with obvious quality right out of the package. In use did everything it should. Would recommend to all but the true professional user.