Price:£19.96+ Free shipping

on 30 December 2012
Decent light, charges quickly and works for hours and hours on one charge. It has taking a few bashes now too!
on 6 December 2012
Good quality lamp. Very light [weight] and excellent brightness. LED technology is improving all the time. Charge seems to last very well when compared to conventional re-chargeable lamps.
on 9 January 2013
Very bright beam and the base is very good to set the beam where you want it, very happy with my purchase.
on 15 February 2013
I ordered this for my husband to replace his old torch which he had had for a long time.
Much prefers this one great purchase many thanks
on 6 September 2013
It suits my needs perfectly.
I bought it as the nights are drawing in and I like to walk my Beagle up the local hills and it can be quite treacherous under foot. The torch is lightweight and has an excellent range and I have the choice of charging in my car or at home.
It also has a little stand if you want to place it down.
Have no complaints at all, top marks.
on 9 February 2013
The product and the beam are both brilliant! It's a bit big but very light, seems to hold it's charge well - I haven't tested the claim for 6 hours on one charge but so far so very good.
on 21 January 2013
Arrived very quickly. Not heavy and the beam is a strong white light, making finding a dark dog very easy in the garden at night.
on 8 July 2013
I've had some very good things from Draper, but sadly this is not one of them. It's dreadfully flimsy - the total weight, including the internal battery, is only 550 gm. The beam is not nearly as strong as the power torches it's presumably trying to emulate, and, worst of all, it's so poorly made that the internal charging point collapsed into the innards the second time I tried to charge it. I wouldn't expect the on/off switch to have much of a life either, but fortunately, thanks to Amazon's enlightened returns policy, I shall never know, as it went straight back.
Back to the drawing board, chaps!
on 5 April 2013
Some time ago a bought a very similar torch made by Kingavon. The Kingavon model has a ring of LEDs and a central Halogen bulb (pressing the on/off switch toggles between the LEDs and the Halogen bulb). Not only do the LEDs give a better light, they also make the battery last longer; so in practice, I always use the LEDs. It also has a wind-up handle on the side for emergency recharging. However mains recharging is very easy and in several years of regular use I've never needed to use the wind-up handle on the side. It's always held it's charge really well (which is more than can be said for many other torches that I've owned!). The stand on the bottom is very stable and still works like new.
Although the lens now has a crack in it, the Kingavon torch is still going strong and I like it very much, so I decided to buy another. Unfortunately Kingavon have now discontinued their model, but Draper are producing this very similar version, so I'm trying this one instead.
So far, so good! It charged up very quickly, and the 19 LEDs give a much stronger, clearer light than the original Kingavon version. It's a bit lighter to carry (because there's no wind-up mechanism), but not quite so well balanced to hold (which doesn't really bother me). The outer cover of the Kingavon is rubber and the Draper is only plastic, so time alone will tell if the Draper can handle the knocks as well as the Kingavon has. Same as the Kingavon, the Draper has coloured LED charging indicators on the side, which are very useful. It's very easy to charge overnight, and assuming the 6 hour burn time before needing a recharge is correct (I've not used it for long enough to need a recharge yet!), then it'll do everything that I need it to. It's not the kind of torch for throwing a focused beam over long distances, but great for medium and close work.
on 17 September 2013
When I first touched the torch, I was very surprised at how light it was.

Within a month of very light use, the part of the torch that you put the AC adapter into, has broken.

This is an internal break and so I need to send it back.

Very disappointing