- Platform: Mac OS X
- Media: Software Download
Dragon Professional Individual 6.0 for Mac [Mac Download]
|All prices include VAT.|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
The all-new Dragon Professional Individual for Mac, v6, is a smarter next-generation speech recognition solution that empowers busy professionals to complete documentation and reporting quickly and accurately on the Mac, so you spend more time on activities that boost the bottom line. Leveraging the latest in Deep Learning technology, Dragon constantly learns and adapts to your unique voice and environmental variations - even while you’re dictating - to deliver new levels of personalised accuracy and productivity. Robust transcription, powerful customisation, Full Text Control within the latest business and the ability to seamlessly sync with the Dragon Anywhere mobile dictation solution extend the benefits of speech recognition to meet your unique business needs wherever your job takes you.
Faster and more accurate than ever
Dragon Professional Individual for Mac, v6, expands the possibilities of speech recognition innovation with a next-generation speech engine. Dragon uniquely brings consistent, optimal accuracy to the Mac with Deep Learning technology and adaptation techniques that continuously adjust to your voice or environmental variations even while you're dictating.
- Delivers up to 99% speech recognition accuracy
- With its new engine, you get optimal accuracy for speakers with accents or in slightly noisy environments such as in a cubicle environment
- Get highly accurate speech recognition results right out of the box with no training required
- Provides a personalised voice-driven experience
- Achieve increasingly accurate results the more you use it
- Enjoy personalised accuracy; Dragon learns the words and phrases you use the most
- Further enhance accuracy with optional advanced training or analysis of existing documents and emails
- Performs with fast response times and minimal latency
- Talk at normal speeds and see words appear on the screen almost instantly
- Receive immediate feedback on what you say so you can check it right away
- Never lose a beat in your train of thought; Dragon captures your ideas as fast as you can speak them
- Note: Internet connection for product download, activation and access required!
- Operating System: Mac OS X
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2,4 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Hard Disk: 8 GB available space
- OS X El Capitan (10.11)
Top customer reviews
So having cast my eye around for a few months it became obvious that the Dragon dictation software by Nuance is the standard by which all dictation software is measured. The irony is that the Mac dictation software is actually driven by Nuance algorithms, but they are nowhere near as good as the genuine item. Despite being a tad on the expensive side I decided to order the full version 6 for Mac.
It's scary how accurate this software is. I'm currently dictating this review using it and to this point it hasn't made a single error. The ability to correct individual words or cross out or replace entire phrases or sentences with a few simple commands is like magic. You can even have it read your words back to you. I've only scratched the surface of what the software is capable of but so far it has done nothing but impress.
So why doesn't it rate five stars? Well, there are a couple of minor niggles. The first is the fact that when Dragon is running in the background the computer cannot enter sleep mode or turn off the monitors for itself. A couple of times I've come back to my computer after a few hours expecting to see the screens blank only to find them lit up as I left them. I've not been able to find anything in the system preferences that will tell Dragon to allow the computer to go to sleep.
The second niggle is the fact that you cannot use a Bluetooth microphone with the software. You can use a wired microphone or a wireless microphone which has a USB dongle, but Dragon will not recognise a straightforward Bluetooth microphone. The two which I have are not listed by Dragon when you set up your profile and after a few hours of fiddling about I couldn't get Dragon to recognise either one. This is a glaring error by the developers.
Despite this you should be in no doubt as to how accurate and impressive this software is. I will update this review at a later date when I've been using the software for a little longer and have accessed more of the features. (And it still hasn't made an error).
Look for similar items by category