Customer reviews

Dracula Investigates...
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 22 June 2014
Andy is known to many of us as a very gifted and creative illustrator, less so for his words. This, his first solo story, proves he has equal ability with both text and pictures. He has a refreshing take on the traditional Dracula tale that combines humour and suspense, leaving you laughing and thrilled at the same time. More please Mr Bruce!!
on 6 March 2015
After years of Julia Donaldson books, I was looking to step up the stories. But not too much, like the year 4 school books that are a drag. I hit gold with this one! My boys are captivated by the stories about a vampire that solves mysteries, and I was surprised how much of the mythology is included without losing the innocence of it all - such as drinking blood. So it's a bonus that as the reader I get a kick out of it too. It doesn't matter that the boys don't follow the mystery closely, or solve the puzzle at the back (a great touch - and the poem too is perfect for that late bedtime quick read) because they love the characters and the setting, which is illustrated superbly in the pictures. I'm a little amazed Andy Bruce hasn't had a career in drawing, to be honest, as his pics set the scene brilliantly.
I can imagine reading this for years to come too. And at such a low price it's astonishing value.
My family are now hooked. Roll on the other books...
on 15 September 2014
My daughter loves this book which is made up of a couple of short stories (one of which you can try to solve the case yourself) and a couple of really funny poems and includes some fantastic black and white illustrations which really capture the action well. I can imagine this being turned into an animated film. Really original idea turning Dracula into a kind of Sherlock Holmes character. Looking forward to trying the second book in this series.
on 26 October 2014
A great mixture of stories and poems, with lots of humour and great description. One story offers the reader the chance to solve the mystery, a nice touch. Loved the relationship between Dracula and his trusty assistant Renfield!
The book is punctuated by enchanting illustrations, is thoroughly enjoyable and I think suitable for a wide age range.
on 7 September 2014
With an engaging and interactive storyline together with beautiful illustrations, this is a must for young children. My nephew loved it. There's also a short witty poem too which is great for bedtime storytelling.
on 6 September 2014
A great read! My 7 year old son loved this. He's all for justice and loved the fact that the bad guys lose. Great illustrations too. Just purchased the second book which my son and I look forward to reading.
on 25 June 2014
A great story which younger children will love to hear and older children will love to read alone.The illustrations are beautifully done and look amazing on my bog standard black and white kindle. There are a couple of funny rhyming poems which my 9yr old enjoyed reading out loud. This book ticked all the boxes for my 9yr old son.
on 19 October 2014
Highly recommended. Lovely story for bedtime reading. My 8 year old daughter loved it.
on 14 November 2014
loads of fun, great for reading to your little horrors
on 31 October 2014
I don't do book reviews........ I read the book and if I liked it I give it up to 5 stars, if I didn't then it gets a 2, if I didn't finish then it's a 1, that's it I'm afraid.

I read it, I like it, I want more from the author.

As with a vast number of Kindle books there might be the odd spelling and punctuation errors.
After reading well over 300 Kindle books of all types and subjects you get use to them and they become less noticeable, unless they effect the story.