Customer reviews

1,615
Size: 7 UK|Colour: Black|Change

on 26 October 2014
My 11 year old son kicks the hell out of everything he wears, he has a ball at his feet permanently and nothing to date has survived him for a decent length of time that you would expect when spending about £50 a pair. Until now !!!! I bought them for school , slightly big but i knew they would be as a 2 would give no growing room. He wears them with 2 pairs of socks and i know they will take a little while to wear in. It is taking a little while and instruction for him to quickly get the hang of taking them off and on for pe etc. I knew this would be the case but he is getting the hang of them and it is a small price to pay for the quality. They are waterproof and his feet are well protected. Finally he has met his match with these. Its worth the extra cost as they should last longer.I will update in a few weeks as by then anything normally on his feet would be looking worse for wear. I bought mine from surfdome on Amazon
on 21 April 2017
Always wanted new DM"s so took the plunge at this price.

I know these aren't the UK made versions and I did hear some horror stories about quality but I can honestly say these fit perfectly (for my size 10 feet) and the build quality is excellent.

I've worn them many times and on long walks with the dog and they have remained the same as when I bought them.

Super comfy as well.

Recommended at this price.
on 1 October 2015
Fast dispatch and delivery, came a few days before the expected date. These shoes are really comfortable, I put them on as soon as they arrived and took the risk of wearing them to work knowing that they might be painful but I'm surprised at how comfortable they were especially being the first time I wore them. I do wear thick socks which might help and means I don't have any trouble wearing them in. I have another pair of 1460's and have had them for about a year now, and my new shoes feel the same as they do (just as comfortable), like I said the fact that I wear thick socks might be why they haven't felt painful so I'd recommend doing that. Basically, these shoes are very comfortable and they look beautiful
on 16 November 2016
These are the first pair of Docs that I've owned. Docs are quite expensive but I wanted a pair of boots that would be sturdy and long lasting which is why I didn't mind the price. Hopefully they'll last a long time. They are incredibly stiff at the moment and I was a bit worried at first but after a bit of googling I see that, apparently, this is perfectly normal. I am gradually breaking them in by wearing them around the house for an hour a day and already I'm starting to notice an improvement in fit/comfort. I am a size 4 with a high instep. The length and width are great but they were really tight to begin with over my instep. Where the tongue is stitched into the boot is quite narrow for me and it did take a lot of tugging to get my foot inside to begin with but apparently this is quite common for a lot of people. I just wore really thin, silky socks and used a shoe horn the first time I put them on and now I no longer need to as I am breaking them in.
on 30 August 2017
Id forgotten the 'fun' of wearing a pair of these in . Oh well its all part of the Dr experience , thick socks and shoe polish and walking round the house all help . Might get to take them outside next week . Just when they fit like a glove the sole wears out , ha ha. You don't get this with a pair of trainers , but i know which id rather have.
on 27 March 2015
I bought these because I decided I needed a change from my regular style of shoes, and wore them most days for a year.

As a pair of shoes, I've only a few minor grumbles. First It took a while to break them in (especially in the ankle area and higher). Second I bought a size 7, and while I don't doubt they were a 7 (they were marked up as 7 on the sole), they felt large, on my feet, despite me getting into that size shoe for years. Finally, I was surprised how quickly the sole ran smooth at the heal. I even managed to wear a little hole in the heal, and I don't think I'm the most active walker you'll meet..
on 24 January 2016
Excellent service.Super fast delivery.Arrived within 48 hours.Packaging was great and came in original Dr Martens box which is perfect if these are for a present/gift.The boots them selves are of top quality as you would expect and the smell of leather was unmistakeable.Sizing is good and I ordered my usual size(didnt go up or down).Anther BIG positive from this seller is that they do offer a refund if needed which is great peace of mind when spending a considerable amount of money.
on 16 August 2016
I have been wearing this type of Dr. Martens boots since I was 15 and still love them! There are no boots like these. This must be my 5th or 6th pair. Occassionally I decide and try some other brand of boots on in the shoe store, but they are never ever as comfortable. Dr. Martens for ever :)
on 10 October 2014
I was fascinated watching them make their way from Frankfurt on the amazon tracking, arrived in 2 days, faster than promised! Although i was slightly dissapointed to see made in vietnam on the tounge, they are every bit as good as the ones i remember from my younger days. The leather is thick and without imperfections, stitching and construction is top notch, even tha packaging is high quality. In short, for £60 they were a bargain, a few coats of ox blood polish has left them looking stunning, in part thanks to the high quality blemish free leather. As an added bonus they came with a set of bright yellow laces, perhaps a little to out there for my age lol. now my daughter wants a pair too.
on 8 December 2015
Had Docs for years, since I was at school. At 44 they still come in handy. I tried the steel toe caps, but found the tongue join was really uncomfortable. so sent them back and got these trusty favourites. I would say though that they always need breaking in and tend to rub until your had them a while - be prepared. Always good to polish them first to soften up the leather.

My Mrs would say they are narrower than they used to be, mine fit fine though.