on 17 April 2016
These boots look really cool but they were very uncomfortable to start with. Not because of the sizing, that was fine. It is to do with a lip of leather where the tongue is sown in. If that leather had been trimmed it would have been fine. In fact I had to try and trim it myself with a small penknife. It worked. I do believe from memory the original DMs didn't have the tongue sown in but used a single piece of leather all the way up. Guess that's progress for you. Any way once worn in and with the lip cut off they are fine and look great.
on 8 August 2017
Although I wear them every day, and tend to walk quite a lot, I'm a bit annoyed that the leather has split at the heel and my feet are now wet. I'm not sure what makes 'a fake' or 'a real' boot, but I thought these guys were supposed to last for ages.
review image
on 27 April 2017
I'm a 5 and a half and ordered a 6 because I have a pair of Doc Martens 'Drench' boots in a 6 that fit perfectly, and a pair of 'Pascal' boots in a 5 that are a pinch too small. Unfortunately in the 1460 style the 6 is too big for me so I returned them and am currently awaiting the arrival of them in a 5 and shall review again once I have them. I called Doc Martens customer service before making the exchange and although I've bought these through a third party seller they were very helpful in explaining the different fits. The 1460 boots are unisex and therefore wider around the toe (this also somehow makes them longer too - I put sole to sole), so the advice is if you're a half size go up for Pascal style which is a ladies boot, and down for the 1460 which is unisex. It doesn't quite explain why the Drench fit me in the larger size when they're also unisex, but there we are. Hope this is helpful to someone. If in doubt, call DM themselves and they'll be happy to talk it through with you.
Now have the pair in a 5 and they're perfect. I used the Dubbin to soften them, then warmed with a hairdryer whilst wearing them to mould them to my feet and they're fantastic. Worn to death already and so comfortable
on 26 April 2017
These are genuine docs as in the modern way which is they are made in the far-east as most docs are now. If you want the top quality its about £160 for the made in England docs which use better leather and stitching. But for the money these are really good. They still kill your feet for weeks like a doc should. They have the air wair soles and the usual yellow stitching. In the past they came with the yellow laces as well as the black. They don't seem to know which is a shame as they look better with yellow. Really stand out. So they are a pair of docs and unless youre a total snob you will be happy with them. They are really sturdy and look awesome. The best you can get unless you are going for the made in England's.
on 27 December 2016
I wasn't given these boots either free or at a heavenly discounted price in order for me to review this product without any coercion or persuasion.

Bit of a shame really as I'd have sold my granny and her wooden leg down the river for a free pair on DM's.

Anyway, I'm a size 9 and the 9's i received were clearly to big for me. I ordered an 8 and after wearing them in the house for a week with a pair of motorbike socks on they fit a treat (even without my motorbike socks).

Moral of the story is...... get a size lower and see how they fit and remember that the leather will give and expand the more you wear them. The leather will not shrink though if they are already a little big or loose.
on 2 April 2017
Love DMs. Yes, you need to break them first (recommend wearing very thick socks, or 2 paird of socks for first couple of weeks), and there may be blister involved in the process... but - one broken into - you will have years of comfort and quality wear. They will jot fail you. They are solid, timeless and comfortable. They always look good. I wear them with tailored dress in the office and with jeans over the weekend. The trick is not to tie them, but allow relaxed fit - tie knot at the end of each shoe string in 2nd hole from the top, and you will get east pull in /out boots that will serve you well and for a long time. Photo attached is of pair that i had for 5 yrs now.
review image
on 7 November 2016
I haven't worn Dr martens since the 90's but these seem good quality and well made. However I am definitely a size 7 (female) I had my feet thoroughly measured at a Cotswold store last year for my walking boots (can highly recommend their services) and these boots are way too big for my feet even with 2 pairs of thick socks so am sending back for a smaller size. I thought it was a bit of a risk getting a size 7 with these being advertised as 'unisex' as any mens boots I ve had in the past (mainly for work as womens steel toe caps used to be hard to find) even a size 6 has been roomy. Lesson learnt (again!)
Update: have received my size 6s and they do fit much better. Interestingly the size 7s were made in China and the boots themselves were poorly packaged but came with an extra pair of yellow shoelaces. The size 6s were slightly more expensive made in Vietnam better packaged but no extra shoe laces. The quality of both by look and feel seem the same.
Update update - Although these boots fit in length they are far too narrow and cripple me whenever I try to wear them. I wouldn't consider my feet wide but apparently for Dr Martens they are! I wouldn't down grade the stars though. They still seem well made if a little stiff, its just my odd feet that dont fit these boots. Shame.. they'll be on ebay soon!
on 3 March 2016
I answered that they fit as expected as they do to me as I am a huge fan of Dr. Martens and this is my 7th pair. I am a UK size 5 in every other shoe..well I am a UK 6 in some ballet pumps but very rarely. In Dr. Martens I am a UK size 4. They are slightly bigger than your normal size and every person I know who owns a pair has said the same thing. I would totally recommend buying these but I would recommend that you try a pair on in a shop before ordering online as you may be true to the rule of them being bigger or you may fit your usual size!
Anyway these are so much cheaper than the official website/shop so yeah, get them while you can!
on 25 November 2015
Oh how I love these. The supplier got these to me in double-quick time of only two days via courier. Given the very reasonable price I was most impressed - well packed too. The matt navy blue ones I bought here come with black laces for normal people and also spare yellow laces for not-quite-as-normal people like me. The leather is the Dr Marten's 'smooth' finish and so has little grain to it, which is what I expected. They seem to be very well made, despite now production is outside the UK. Time will tell, but at that price and the fact that they are DMs who cares if they explode in a shower of leather - at the moment I am deliriously happy with them and haven't taken them off since delivery yesterday - except in bed of course.. Yes, the leather is rock hard at the moment, but day two of perseverance and they are starting to give nicely already. I have bought specially designed 'comfort shoes' before that are less easy to wear, so I am very happy. Good supplier too - gold stars all 'round everyone.
on 15 February 2017
I think this item, although not made in the UK, fits in well with the legacy of Doc Martens.
The Leather is very soft, and the fit is actually slightly on the large side. In saying that, I was worried whether to go for a size 7 or a size 8 - and I'm glad I went for the seven.
The shoes are comfortable as one expected Doc Martens, and given I bought them for £45,It is an absolute bargain.
I understand UK made Doc Martens are available, but again they retail for about three times the price. I have tried those in the shop, and there is a difference in quality with the leather of the UK-based doc martens being far more supple. However I'm very sure this doesn't happen to mine once I wear it in. I understand the first few weeks will be painful.
Would recommend them again, especially at this price.