Size: 4 UK|Colour: Black|Change

on 28 April 2015
I have worn Dr. Marten boots for over thirty years. You can depend on these boots - they won't let you down. That said, I purchased a new pair last week and note considerable difference in the quality of boot from what they used to be. The sole is still the original, however, the upper is different. The leather is thin, almost doeskin, and has a texture/patina of being almost like PVC. On the inside of the tongue it states "Made in Vietnam". The boots are comfortable and I hope they last for the usual six years of constant use I give my boots (living in the countryside they need to perform with no fuss and no hassle). I have given my boots a good look-over and I reckon, even though made in Vietnam, the quality is still there. They are a very well made boot and irrespective of whether made in UK or Vietnam they should serve me well - Dr. Marten boots never let you down. So, my conclusion is buy with complete confidence with one caveat - these boots are not the original UK made boots, rather, Vietnamese. But don't let that put you off. The quality of the manufacturing process is high and evident. The boots will come in a brown cardboard box with a big printed logo "Original Dr. Martens" and a spare pair of yellow laces in a small cellophane zip-lip bag; all neatly and securely wrapped up. Enjoy your boots because they're one of life's essentials that won't let you down; year after year after year.
Edit (21st Mar. 2016) Almost one year after purchase I can confirm the following: Sole has badly worn down around outside edge of heel. The leather is prone to cracking and falling away: one inch crack (hole) on upper where toes flex on right and left side of boot. Same problem on other boot. These boots were worn daily and used for walking dog. Almost one year of daily use has destroyed them. Therefore, I change product rating to 2.
on 21 December 2015
I live in Glasgow where rain is waiting round every corner so I need shoes that won't let me down. Martens do their job perfectly. You have to choose size carefully though. Firstly I chose 9, which I usually wear, but it was too big. When I changed it to 8, it seemed like they were too small, but they just need to fit to your feet. Bit sore in the beginning, but now like second, heavy-duty skin. I love them.
VINE VOICEon 26 October 2015
Got these at a great price...and really pleased with them
I got size eights...my feet generally fit a size 9...but these are a good fit.
The sizes I would say are "Generous"....I had a pair of size 9 bought for me a few years back...and they were big on me.

Classic DM Styling...yellow stitches ...love it
on 5 May 2015
I ordered a size 8, after I previously laid my hands on a size 9 (My usual size in trainers) which were far too long, but a comfortable width.

The 8's I've received are certainly snug, especially around the little toe and the top of my foot where the tongue joins the boot, these areas will no doubt stretch with more wear. I intend to purchase some of DM's own Wonder Balsam to rub into the leather, and wear them about the house a bit, before taking them on the road... wouldn't want to be stuck out and about with crushed/battered feet.

For reference, if anyone wants to know, the pair I received were made in Vietnam. Some reviews I've read have stated that out of the non-UK produced boots, these offer the best longevity and fit one broken in. Naturally, I assume it all depends on your own feet and usage of the footwear. But I certainly hope these will last me quite some time.
on 18 April 2014
Always wanted a second pair of Dr Martin boots after my last pair went to shoe heaven some 15 years ago. They look great but when new they still rub badly above the big toe joint but don't take too long to break in.
on 26 October 2015
Love love love these boots! Due to a spinal condition I have added some memory foam insoles to the boots which make them more comfortable for me. However this isn't needed. I have been wearing them with 2 pairs of socks on (1 thicker pair) with them loosely tied up and this has seemed to help prevent blisters. I have gotten many compliments wearing these boots, and now all my colleagues want a pair. I looked on the official Dr Martens website and for exactly the same boots they are £100. So I took a risk and ordered these (plus saving £40 is a bonus) I'm so glad I got these. Will keep my feet lovely and warm in the winter months. I am currently wearing them in and I'm looking forward to the leather breaking and them becoming less stiff . Overall I cannot complain about the product. They are the real deal and would order these again from here without hesitation.
on 28 April 2015
Don't know if my feet have grown wider and my current dms grew with them but seem to be tight on me this time.... Haven't plucked up the courage to wear them in properly yet other than that bog standard DM's and at nearly half the price the shops sell them at
on 5 September 2015
I first had a pair of docs in the early 90s. I haven't had a pair for around 20 years until I purchased these. I am pleased to say that the quality, look and comfort of these iconic boots is as good as ever. They are extremely well made and the look and finish of the boots is top quality.
on 28 April 2015
Having worn doc martens for more than 30 years I find each year the quality gets worse. These arrived on time. Leather thin and sole not true doc martin standard. The left boot is much smaller than the right. These soles will crack within two years as with many others I have had in recent years. Don't be taken in by the word original in the title. These where made in Vietnam and the standard you expect from cheap foreign imports. Sad doc martens put their name to them.
on 2 January 2014
I needed a new pair of Purple Doc's as my old pair no longer fitted. So when I saw these I thought great. When I got the boots I was very disappointed. The quality I was used to was no longer there the boots were not made the same. The leather is a lot thinner the soles are not as good and the boots are narrower all in all very disappointing. finally why are they no longer made in England? The home of Dr Martens.