on 9 February 2017
I'm a guy and wear Dr Martens all the time as they are comfortable, durable and long lasting. I bought these in a UK size 9 and they fitted me perfectly. And I broke them in without the need for plasters because of blisters. In fact, I have never got a blister from breaking in any Dr Marten boots.

These are great, well fitted and goes with every outfit.

If you do not ant blisters wearing these, then lace them properly, and tight. That wear the leather will mould around the shape of your foot and the creases are then in the right place for your ankles etc, so then you don't get any rubbing. People get blisters with these because they wear them loose, or pull laces a little tort.

Laces need to be pulled tight, and then worn as such until they are broken in - do this and within days they will be broken in.

As for squeaky noises. Again, no complaints. On wood flooring and vinyl surfaces, the sole may squeak as the sole needs to be "broken in" - meaning worn about so the thin smooth layer is worn off.

The actual patent leather doesn't squeak for me, but that's because I lace mine properly, and don't wear them so they slob off my feet.

Another great pair of Doc Martens to my collection.

PS These do NOT come with extra laces or yellow laces.
on 28 November 2014
Had for less than 1 year - now they are completely unwearable, all the red paint has come off! Dr,Martens will not help as we got them from Amazon & Amazon will not help as we have had them to long. looked good when we got them, but they do not stand up to the test of time - only been used indoors at a play school & a few dog walks! - DO NOT BUY!
on 12 April 2016
Very pleased with the fit and quality. I really wanted another pair of the Vintage DM's made in Northampton, to replace my old pair that have survived over 5 years of daily wear but struggle to justify the extra cost (over twice the price). These new ones are from Thailand but seem well made and the materials seem fine (not tongues of 'cardboard' like some pairs I've had many moons ago - these actually appear to be real leather).
Breaking in nicely, without the usual sore Achilles tendons...
on 20 May 2016
these look fantastic and on the boot that wasn't slightly too tight over the front of my foot it was perfect however one boot was just nipping my foot across the broadest part of my foot. I don't have particular wide feet but they aren't narrow either. Id suggest trying them on in a shop first if you can to save having to send back. The size length wise was as expected. Sadly they will be returned
on 13 June 2017
Having suffered a sprained ankle and been advised to keep my foot flat I started wearing my patterned DM boots everywhere, including work. Spotted these black patent ones at a good price on Amazon and decided to get them to look a bit smarter at work. Super-comfortable from the start despite the patent leather appearing stiff and fabulous ankle support. The patent is smart and surprisingly versatile. looks good with dresses and opaque tights as well as trousers. I always go up a shoe size for DM boots and wear them with socks. Otherwise, the tops of the boots can chafe your ankles.
on 9 December 2016
I do love these but i have had them for a couple of months now and haven't worn them out yet. They need breaking in and because of the good quality leather they are made from but you really need to wear thick socks to do it and as these are a close fit i have found it hard to do. I will do it but i would recommend buying a size larger for comfort. They are great to wear with a varity of outfits and great quality. They should last a long time.
on 3 March 2015
I absolutely love these shoes! I had wanted a pair for ages and these were some of the cheapest which I found. If you are looking for a quality pair of shoes, look no further than these! They are great to wear in the snow as they have excellent grip and are fully water proof so your feet stay warm and toasty! They do however take ages to break in but that should be expected with any quality product!
on 14 August 2016
They look amazing and are great quality shoes, I've got bad blisters after the first wear (expected) but what wasn't expected was what had annoyed me, I found these scuff/scratch marks on the inside side of my boot after only one day of wearing them when I have not got any such marks on the other boot. Not impressed
review image
on 7 January 2017
Love them. Almost worn in now but I am sure they will last a lifetime. I have been suffering from Sciatica recently so I have been reluctant to add any more pain to one leg, hence a tentative recommendation BUT, every time I wear them it gets better. DMs are notorious for having to wear in, I am almost there and expect a lifetime of comfort once this b..........d sciatica wears off. Yes I would recommend
on 4 February 2017
Lovely boots.

Very stiff and rough to wear at the beginning. And hard to break in, but Dr Marten's can be contacted for help and ideas on how to make them more comfortable.

I stuffed mine with paper overnight (tightly stuff) and wore them with very thick socks to avoid sores. They are now fully broken in and one of the comfortiest pairs of boots I own.

They also squeak a lot due to the patent style.

All in all. What you would expect from a Dr Marten boot.