Customer reviews

Dr. Bronners Aloe Vera Baby Mild 473 ml

on 3 July 2017
I purchased this as an all in one for travelling. I massively over-estimated the size needed - I ended up using 100mls in 4 weeks. This was used for showering, hand washing and laundary. A few drops really lathers up well. Please consider buying a smaller bottle first.

One massive problem - Was terrible with my hair. Left my hair looking greasy from mid-length to the ends. Roots looked clean...! This happened to everyone on my expedition who used this brand on their hair. I ended up using someone else's shampoo and saving this for general showering and laundry.
on 24 September 2011
If you have problems with sensitive or dry skin this may be the product for you. It's very mild and doesn't irritate your skin. A minor downside is that it has quite a thin consistency, not like shower gel, but once you get used to this it's fine.
on 11 May 2013
It's a great Organic product, the healthiest thing for your hair, worthy of 5 stars.
I would certainly recommend it.
on 15 June 2013
I dont often write reviews but felt the need to give my experience of using this product.

I have a 4 year old who has severe eczema and sensitive skin. As a result of this I try to steer clear of any parabens, fragrance, SLS, artificial additive and preservatives. I picked up a small bottle of this product at my local health food store after doing extensive research into a product that contains nothing but natural ingredients. We have been using it for 10 days to wash her hair and she has had a severe allergic skin reaction to the product. She is covered from the waist up to and covering her face in a bad breakout of allergic urticaria/hives. I'm now having trouble controlling it with antihistamine and its driving her insane. I'm unsure what ingredient in the product has caused it, its not the coconut as we use organic unrefined virgin coconut oil on her skin and its never affected her as this has. I have a feeling it may be the Jojoba.

Before picking up this product we were using Naty eco shampoo and actually I think I will stick to that, whilst I am concerned about some ingredients it has never caused a allergic reaction with her skin.

I just wanted to advise that if you notice a rash appear when starting to use this product it may be cautious to discontinue use. It's very distressing to see someone go through such a bad reaction, let alone a young child. I wont be using this product again I'm afraid.
33 Comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 December 2016
It's ok. It foams up well but leaves a residue around the bath. The bottle label itself is very preachy and is so busy with writing you struggle to read the important bits.
I was recommended this by a midwife as it is chemical free and we are taking part in a clinical trial with my baby. It is about using chemical free products to see if it prevents excema. So far I'm not happy with it, so I will be using something different once this bottle is done.
on 14 December 2014
This stuff is top notch - cheap, lasts ages and most importantly works well. It works as both soap and shampoo, and I have no complaints. It leaves a different feeling from regular soap, almost as though it leaves a layer behind, but I suspect that it is actually the absence of moisturiser or scent or whatever else is in normal soap that I am noticing. Perhaps it is that for the first time I actually know what being clean feels like.
on 22 March 2013
a gentle soap and very useful fo outdoor travel. cleans hair and body and is nice enough to lather and shave with
on 14 July 2015
I use this for the babies, and for everything else from cleaning the sink to hand wash. Very versatile cleanser
on 30 December 2014
I bought this un-scented liquid soap to add my favourite essential oil to make shampoo, from now I don't need to spend fortune on chemical stuff to rescue my lost hair condition, really good result. Highly recommend to everyone.
on 16 June 2012
If you have soft water, real soap works better than detergent, esp as a shampoo. And you need so little that a large bottle lasts for years.