- Buy three titles for £24 from the qualifying selection when dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Downton Abbey - Series 4 [DVD] 
|Price:||£9.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Downton Abbey returns to DVD for a fourth series and finds Lady Mary mourning her husband Matthew, who had just visited his wife and new baby George in hospital and was returning to see his family when his car overturned killing the heir to Downton. Will Mary find happiness again in the new series of Downton Abbey?
1) The Making Of - A full and detailed Behind the Scenes of Series 4 including a look at changes in fashion and how the house is moving forward, with new cast members and exciting storylines.
2) Downton Diaries - The cast bring fans even closer to the world of Downton, with this exclusive look into a typical day on the set of Downton, from the arrival on location, hair & make up, to costumes and working with the cast.
3) Meet the new cast - An exciting look at the new characters joining the UK's number 1 TV drama and what we can expect to see from them.
Please note: This product includes the same episodes that air on UK television and no scenes have been deleted. Both the UK and US versions have the same content; however the US version is converted to NTSC from PAL format and this conversion adds 5 mins per episode. This equates to an additional 45 minutes and is not extra content but the conversion rate.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
To be truthful, I can't wait for the Christmas special!
The old aristocracy is still coming to terms with post World War 1 social changes and the pressure is on to modernise the old estates.
The old traditions still linger however as the end of season Christmas Special is partially set in Buckingham Palace for the presentation of society daughters to the King and Queen.
The servants appear to have experience a similar roller coaster this time with Anna begin raped by the valet of a visiting Lord. But by then end and again in the Christmas Special live for Anna and Mrs Bates appears to return to normal and is there the start of romance between Carson and Mrs Hughes?
I have cancelled my order until the price drops to a more realistic level and Amazon apologises for attempting to rip off the public.
David Riley, Poole
If you purchase this UK version you will not get the complete series. The last episode is missing from this series. You have to buy it separately. If you don't purchase the extra episode events in the next series will not make sense. The US versions have all of the episodes. This is the studio making money & not informing the sellers of this situation.
Downton has moved with the times, and, as usual, great care has been taken to make the setting, including all the small details, correct for the period. Hence clothes and hair styles have changed and advances in technology, such as telegrams, telephones and even new fangled electric kitchen gadgets are evident. The cast has all the significant characters who survived the last series, so Maggie Smith continues as the matriarch who dominates every scene she is in and can always be relied upon for a caustic comment. There are some new faces to look out for, one of whom is Kiri Te Kanawa, the New Zealand opera singer as well as a couple of other well known characters in cameo roles.
More of the scenes this time round have been filmed on location in London. Meanwhile at Downton itself, the antics and interaction of those `below stairs' continues to contribute some very interesting story lines and their trials and tribulations are, in many ways, one of the most interesting aspects of the show. Above stairs initially Lady Mary is, understandably, rather subdued whilst Lady Edith takes a much more prominent role, having, perhaps, been somewhat overshadowed previously.Read more ›