4FT6 Double Pocket Sprung Mattress with Tencel Fabric - 9-Zone Orthopaedic Mattress with Memory Foam
- WHAT IS A POCKET SPRUNG MATTRESS? -- A pocket sprung mattress is quite simply the very best mattress available. In these mattresses, the springs are sewn into individual fabric pockets. The fabric surrounding the spring functions like a shock absorber, increasing the firmness of the mattress and reducing bounce, which increases comfort. They provide better support for your body, as each coil absorbs the weight individually to allow the contours of the body to be gently and uniformly supported.
- HOW ARE THEY DIFFERENT TO OTHER MATTRESSES? -- The pocket sprung mattress is ideal if there is a weight and/or size variation between you and your sleeping partner. The individual springs in each side will act to take the weight of just your partner so you won't be lifted or rolled over due to the impact of your partner's movements. So, if you move around a lot in your sleep, your partner is less likely to feel it.
- WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS? -- Pocket sprung mattresses were created to combat the problems one might experience with a bad back or painful joints by providing a firm mattress which offers targeted, tailored support. The appropriate support, and a reduction in pressure point pain can help sufferers to get a good night's sleep and much needed pain relief. With the help of it, you will be able to maintain a good posture whilst you sleep.
- ARE THEY ORTHOPAEDIC? -- The definition of an orthopaedic mattress is that is a specifically designed mattress to support the skeletal system. Throughout the bed industry you may find that pocket sprung mattresses are commonly referred to as orthopaedic. There is no official designation or government standard that will qualify one mattress to be designated orthopaedic and for another to not be. However most pocket sprung mattresses are considered the best for joint relief.
- WHY CHOOSE OUR MATTRESS? -- Because our mattresses not only have pocket springs, but also consist of memory foam.(Also known as slow spring back foam). The advantage with memory foam material is that when pressure is applied, the cells of the foam distribute air pressure quickly and will therefore not come back to its original position in a hurry. This leads to better comfort when you lie down on such mattresses as the pressure on body pressure points is reduced.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare with similar items
We know how hard it is to find the perfect mattress that just fits. We believe everyone should sleep well and feel refreshed after a night of rest. After over 10,000 users experience, feedback, studies people, bodies, countless material testing … We have created this mattress just for you!
HELP SOLVE YOUR SLEEP PROBLEMS
Moisture-wicking TENCEL fiber extracted from raw wood in a sustainable process, TENCEL fiber produces an extremely soft fabric with exceptional moisture control properties.Improving support and heat dissipation, helps those with back pain, tossing & turning, partner movement. Sleep cool & feel rejuvenated on this TENCEl mattress.
SMARTLY SHIPPED & NO RISK
Smartly Shipped - Our technology allows our mattresses to be efficiently compressed, rolled and shipped in a box conveniently to your door.Simply take the box to the proper room, carefully remove packaging, and allow 48 hours for your new mattress to return to its original, plush shape. Worry free 10 year.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Please note: it arrives rolled up-really well packaged- but incredibly heavy. I couldn’t even pick it up. It unrolls instantly when unpackaged and doesn’t take long to get to full size. Few hours at most. (No unpleasant plastic smell-just very subtle new mattress smell.)
*** My husband had to carry it from the delivery van and up the steep stairs to our flat- as the delivery man refused.***
** If you wouldn’t be able to do this-which is very understandable-you’d have to make a note I think -and make sure you contact the delivery service. **
Opening the rolled mattress is best done on the bed and, although they spring out and look as if they'd be OK to sleep on immediately, they do plump out even further if left for a few hours. I can't imagine paying hundreds of pounds for a mattress again after discovering how good the EJ Life ones are.
****EDIT****** ALTHOUGH I'VE BOUGHT THIS ITEM TWICE (3 mattresses in total), IT SEEMS I CAN'T LEAVE TWO SEPARATE REVIEWS. THEREFORE, I'M ADDING MY REVIEW FOR THE DOUBLE MATTRESS ONTO THIS ONE.
We've now been using this mattress every night for over 8 months. I didn't want to leave a review straight away, as there are already loads on here that have been left within the first few weeks of receiving the mattress and very few that give any indication of how it performs over time.
As other reviews have said it arrives in a box and gains its full thickness within seconds of being unpacked. We were moving between bedrooms, so were able to leave the mattress a few nights before using it. During those extra days the mattress definitely filled out a little more - but I couldn't say whether the same wouldn't have happened if it had been slept on. It was just noticeable as the bed hadn't been made up.
The top layer feels very soft. It's not a mattress that feels firm to sit on. But, as soon as you lie down, you feel as though you've only sunk to the depth necessary to be comfortably supported. Eight months on and it still feels this way. I'd rate it as medium firm, but that's of course subjective.
The surface of the mattress hasn't bobbled or discoloured, no dips or dents have developed where we sleep, we don't roll into each other during the night and the edges of the mattress haven't collapsed. Before buying we looked around all the usual high street places and tried out mattresses that were five times the cost of this one. As I can't fault this mattress at all, I can't imagine why anyone would want to spend so much and I'm certainly glad we didn't. If you're thinking of ordering one, don't be put off by the low price. It's no indication of it being low quality.
Very prompt delivery and conveniently vacuum bagged and boxed made it easy to handle. Even a free safety blade to open the bag. Topper took a little longer to fluff up than the base but still fine to sleep on in a couple of hours (although we left it overnight just to be sure).
Mattress has now developed a lump in middle where the memory foam seems to have raised from the bed. This goes flat when laid on but looks unsightly. Does not affect comfort
I don't often write reviews but before I bought this mattress one of the primary reasons I did was based on the reviews that I read. As a consequence of this I was expecting this mattress to be the most comfortable and all round value for money item that I had purchased for a long time.
To offer you a little background on my previous sleeping arrangements I had a 14 inch pure memory foam mattress which had been in use for the past 5 years, body heat and perspiration tends to seep through in to the mattress and unless you turn it often you end up with mould and different types of residue some of which I am unaware of what they are however there were certainly stains and different coloured patches which led me to the conclusion that I needed a new mattress so I purchased this one.
When it arrived I unboxed it and placed it onto my bed to then on cut it from its plastic packaging and the mattress expanded to its intended form after around 6 hours I I had given it all the time I could before sleeping on it. The initial feeling of settling my body onto the mattress was quite different and a little strange compared to my previous memory foam. you see with the memory foam you sink in to a soft marshmallow which embraces your entire body and offers unrivalled comfort, very very soft but very very comfortable. So given that fact when I was on the new mattress it was very hard and quite stiff in comparison. Now obviously this is to be expected and it's by no means a bad thing it's just a different type of technology than memory foam your body does not sink in and so you feel rather flat and elevated, this was a weird feeling and I must say I found it quite uncomfortable.
However I am now around 6 nights in and I feel like I have broken the mattress in if you will allow me to use that word, it is definitely very comfortable but it took a bit of yet getting used to.
I decided to purchase and mattress protector to put over the top to prevent any spills stains or marks I also purchased a new pillow and overall I am quite satisfied now with the mattress and my sleeping arrangements
Once I am asleep I seem to be getting a nice rest and I wake up feeling good, the springs help to get you out of bed in the morning and obviously the benefit over memory foam is that if you lay in one position for a length of time you can then get up and come back without sinking back into the same position this is definitely a pro compared to the memory foam con
That said I do miss the ultimate soft comfort of the memory foam and in comparison the small amount of memory foam on the top of this new mattress is certainly no match for the 14 inch of pure memory foam on the other but overall I am quite satisfied and I am now getting used to my new mattress and I would recommend it but if you are used to having memory foam previously I think you will actually take a little bit of getting used to this before you start to feel the full benefit
It is very heavy and does appear to be very well made I must also say that the material on the top of the mattress yes probably the softest I have ever felt on my skin if I could make an improvement I would suggest that the memory foam layer be at least double or treble what it is now that would offer a really big boost to what is already a very good mattress but you get what you pay for and for the price I am happy and I would recommend this