- Visit the Cat Clothing & Accessories Store for a huge selection of cat collars, leads, coats and jumpers from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Dog Store for great offers on dog food and accessories from top brands.
- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Cat Treats Store for a huge selection of cat treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
- Visit the Cat Flap Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular cat flaps.
- Visit the Dog Carrier Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular dog carriers.
- Visit the Cat Litter Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular cat litters.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Dorwest Herbs Scullcap and Valerian Tablets for Dogs and Cats 200 Tablets
|Price:||£17.99 (£17.99 / 100 g) & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£1.61 (8%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Licensed herbal medecine for cats and dogs
- Relieves anxiety and nervousness
- Helps with excitability and travel sickness
- Ultimate herbal combination
- Calms pets with sound phobias
Unlock 15% savings on this product when you subscribe to repeat deliveries on 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. No signup fees. Skip or cancel any time, and delivery is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
A licensed herbal medicine for the symptomatic relief of anxiety, nervousness, excitability, travel sickness, and as an adjunct in the treatment of epilepsy in cats and dogs. Particularly effective for calming pets suffering from noise phobias such as fireworks, gunshots and thunderstorms as well as anxiety related travel sickness and hyperactivity. Scullcap and valerian tablets will not cause drowsiness, sedate or impair normal behaviour or performance. The tablets are sugar coated and can be fed directly into the mouth or added to the daily feed. They are safe for long and short term use and can be given in conjunction with orthodox treatments and herbal products. Can be given from 8 weeks of age but are not recommended for pregnant or lactating females. For severe cases the tablets can be used in conjunction with our organic valerian compound.
Extract Valerian 5:1 50mg. Extract Mistletoe 3:1 50mg, Scullcap 30mg, Extract Gentian 2:1 24mgSee all Product description
From the manufacturer
Dorwest Herbs is a third generation family business, based in Dorset, England
Established in 1948
- Our core medicines range are licensed by the Veterinary Medicines Directorate and show the letter AVM-GSL on the label.
- UK Manufactured medicines and dietary supplements.
- All our staff have a real interest in animals and are trained to provide quality advice.
Dorwest - Experts in Herbal Pet Care
Nothing beats having a healthy, happy dog. We know that because we love dogs as much as you do. For almost 70 years we've been breeding, working and showing dogs, and applying our knowledge of herbal medicine to their health and nutritional needs. We're now in our third generation at Dorwest, where our insights have made us one of the UK's leading provider of canine and feline herbal treatments – and the only manufacturer of herbal medicines authorised by the Veterinary Medicines Directorate. In more than 20 countries around the world we're helping dog and cat owners keep their pets healthy and content. They come to us for herbal treatments that work in harmony with their dogs – the young and the old; glossy show dogs and lovable crossbreeds; active, outdoors types and contented, fireside stay-at-homes.
Scullcap & Valerian Tablets
Why are these different to other 'calmers'?
Scullcap & Valerian Tablets are the only herbal to be officially authorised by the Veterinary Medicines Directorate to help anxiety and nervousness. They have been used successfully for over 40 years and so are a medicine you can rely on.
Will they sedate my pet?
Herbs are gentle but effective and our products are formulated by experts to reduce anxiety by lessening activity in the nervous system rather than relaxing muscles. This means that your pet can be relaxed and calm without it affecting their normal behaviour.
Are they suitable for long term use?
Yes, this medicine is even licensed to be used as an adjunct in epileptic dogs and cats and therefore is suitable for long term use.
What are they used for?
- To relieve anxiety and nervousness.
- For travel sickness.
- To reduce over excitability, perfect for young dogs at training classes.
- Used as an adjunct in the treatment of epilepsy.
The natural active herbal ingredients in each tablet
Valerian is a sedative, nervine, antispasmodic and relaxant. The sedative properties are due to the effects on central nervous activity, rather than muscle relaxation.
Scullcap contains a number of different compounds, some of which influence the GABA receptors to help your dog feel calm.
Mistletoe (not the berries) is widely used in Europe particularly, it helps circulation and to calm the nervous system.
This herb is used widely to help support the liver function and helps to compliment this unique herbal combination.
Recommended dosage is 1-2 tablets per 5 Kg bodyweight.
This variation allows for flexibility depending on the severity of the issue. Start at one tablet per 5 Kg and increase to two tablets per 5 Kg if necessary. In giant breeds of dog, often a lower dosage than recommended is adequate.
The tablets are sugar coated to help ease administration. Give either directly into the mouth, mixed into their food or hidden in a treat.
We recommend splitting the daily dose and giving half in the AM and half in the PM.
These are suitable to given from eight weeks of age. However please note due to lack of safety data avoid giving to pregnant or lactating females.
How long to they take to work
An improvement can often be seen very quickly and can be used for singular occasions such as travelling, however we always recommend giving for 3-4 weeks for ongoing issues.
Is your pet scared of noises and fireworks
Wouldn’t it be great if your pet stayed calm and collected as fireworks go off outside?
Whether your pet just doesn’t like loud noises very much or if it has developed into a more severe phobia, Dorwest products can help.
Severe phobias: Start giving the tablets daily around three weeks before and increase the dose on days you know the fireworks will be at their worst.
Moderate phobias: Start giving the tablets daily around 10 days before.
Even if it fireworks have already started Scullcap & Valerian Tablets can still help!
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most recent customer reviews
I gave my dog (Lhasa Apso) two of these for a few nights as he was having what seemed like panic/anxiety attacks and within 4 days he was fine...Read more