Customer reviews

Doragon Sake, 70 cl, Case of 3

on 24 August 2017
LOL! Nowhere near as bad as most of these reviews suggest.
I'm not saying it's a renowned make by any means and it's cheap (usually a sign), but it's OK and actually tastes quite nice if you clear your "I'm a Nihonshu expert" head first.
The only thing that's going to mean no more for me are the three monstrous hangovers that I've suffered after drinking it!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 February 2014
This is the vile stuff tesco stock, instead of a lovely sake you get a mouthful of watery perfume

To be avoided at all cost!
on 11 October 2015
DO NOT BUY!! This has to be the worst drink I ever bought. It tastes like very burnt barrels or like watered down perfume. I poured one small glass took two sips and threw the whole lot away. Disgusting stuff, stay away from it
on 28 April 2014
I have to agree with the other reviews here this stuff is discusting to drink. However did it win an award?
If you are new to sake, do yourself a favour & try something like Choya sake or anything other than this.
If you have experienced sake before you will realise that this stuff is the worst tasting, sented cack you'll ever find.
If you are a buyer for Sainsburys or Tesco, please, please stop buying this junk & get some decent sake in like you used to.
on 13 July 2014
Absolutely awful. Seriously, tastes like watered down perfume. As someone who can drink the cheapest, nastiest wines out there, avoid this at ALL costs - I couldn't drink even 2 sips. Not even good enough for cooking - will spoil the food with the dodgy perfume flavour. AVOID.
on 5 December 2014
I buy doragon sake from sainsburys and I think its quite nice when drunk neat, however I drink saka with orange squash, lemon juice, lime cordial and tap water....beautilful.
on 15 February 2017
Having loved Sake for many years I have to say this is terrible. If you love sake then buy a decent bottle from Japan. This stuff was brought as a gift from a friend who knows I like sake, a friendship almost ended!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse