Doom 3 - BFG Edition (PC DVD)
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
- Platform: Windows XP / Vista / 7
- Media: DVD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
DOOM 3 BFG Edition is the ultimate collection of groundbreaking games that defined the first-person shooter. This collection includes DOOM 3, the Resurrection of Evil® add-on pack and also includes hours of new content – seven new levels entitled ‘The Lost Mission.’ In addition, all DOOM 3 content has been re-mastered for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in stunning 3D for an even more terrifying FPS experience. As a special bonus, DOOM 3 BFG Edition will also include the original DOOM and DOOM 2 games.
- Optimized for Consoles: Developed by id Software, the team responsible for the franchise legacy, DOOM 3 BFG Edition features 5.1 surround sound, Xbox 360 Achievements, PlayStation 3 trophies, improved rendering and lighting, and a new check point save system allowing for smoother progression through the game. id has fine-tuned the controls to bring the intensity of the DOOM single and multiplayer experience to the consoles, and now all DOOM 3 games now feature the new armor-mounted flashlight, allowing players to illuminate dark corners and blast enemies at the same time.
- Stunning 3D Visuals: DOOM 3, Resurrection of Evil and ‘The Lost Mission’ have all been optimized in 3D for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, further immersing the player in the demonic world of this terrifying horror masterpiece.
- The ‘Lost Mission’: DOOM 3 BFG Edition includes an all-new chapter in the DOOM 3 experience – ‘The Lost Mission’ – which features seven heart-pounding single-player levels and a completely new storyline that will have players on the edge of their seats.
Top customer reviews
Long story short:
- It includes every Doom game in existence for the die-hard fan.
- It also includes a new mission for those who have completed even the expansion of Doom 3. New mission called "Lost mission".
- Can't blame those people that had so many compatibility issues and more, but the requirements were clear. Having a win 7 64-bit system AND using Steam (which i use for many years now and with no problems actually) it should work out well, so i went for it. Result is, all three Doom games run flawlessly (after a ten minute installation) and make me happy i added this edition to my collection.
The BFG edition also includes multi-player options and dozens of achievements to unlock as you progress in all three games.
My sole complain (which is a minor one, actually) is that an edition like this one should be paired with a decent booklet, (concerning all three Doom games) enriched with historical info, designers details, items, foes and that kind of stuff, you get the meaning.
This is the perfect game if you want some mindless FPS fun! I pre-ordered and for £12.71 including postage is a fantastic price.
Either just purchase games when they hit they lower value or ignore until game companies and partners get the message that we are going to be fooled on security measures for games.
This game will ask for your serial key which is fair but make sure the serial key is not linked to another computer or steam account. I thought I better rise awareness on this, so 2nd hand with this game is pointless.
The game is good as I played the early version on my old PC, I also played this game on my bro computer. They are both good for some mindless but more interactive fun than watching tv.
Item delivered in less than 24hrs (Wow!). My PC set up is on Windows XP with all updates and a good Nvidia graphics card.
On the back of the game it doesn't mention XP as a platform - OK, give it a whirl and see what happens. There is a clear, seperate paragraph that tells you that internet and a Steam account is required, so if you don't like Steam, you have been given the warning - send it back unopened.In many years of gaming I have never had any problems with Steam and don't understand the fuss about them .
From putting the disc in to having the game on screen and starting to sort out the options took 21 minutes,with no problems at all using XP. To me this is quite acceptable. I opted for game controller , using my X-Box contoller, with default settings and 16x anti aliassing the game plays rock steady at 60fps. If you want there are dozens of cheat codes and the console access is quick and easy to set up. For the few I have tried they work perfectly.
Game play is crisp, well defined with great shadow effects.You can save anywhere which is good for the tricky bits. Vibration feedback on the controller is exactly right - the chain saw in particular.
So, overall, no complaints at all, a good, graphically pleasing game with some scary moments - what more do you want for such a low price ?
Most recent customer reviews