Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Shop now

Customer reviews

The Donzerly Light
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.93

on 23 April 2015
This is a really gripping read, set in two very different parts. Part one follows the rise of Jay Grady and how his wealth comes about and the 2nd part is about his fall from grace. I didn't know what to expect and I really liked the supernatural twists that kept you guessing throughout. In part one it becomes easy to loathe Jay and his greed and in part two you can't help but feel sorry for him.

You really cannot guess how this will end, highly enjoyable and I think it could make an excellent movie, though the book is always better of course :-D
on 9 April 2013
Good book with an interesting plot which kept me hooked all the way through.

My only criticism is the same as one of the other reviewers... There is a really, really gratuitously gory scene about a 'jumper' which is far more graphic than anything else in the book and does not really sit well with the rest of the story telling.
on 14 January 2012
I've read a lot of Stephen King books and the like, but The Donzerly Light beats any of them hands down. Sorry Stephen.

I was totally captivated from the very first page to the last. Edge of your seat stuff all the way through. Never being able to guess what'll happen next, the way a top class thriller should be.

Ryne Douglas Pearson weaves a clever story with richness and depth to the characters. I found it very difficult to put down and read it within a few days. I was addicted and was sorry when I finished reading.

I've read around 55 novels in the past thirteen months and this is by far the best of them. Even if it's not your usual choice of genre, you won't be disappointed. If I could have given it six out of five, I would have.

The moral of the story - BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR
on 24 December 2012
I enjoyed this, its a pretty good page-turner, and the tension is sustained well. There is one unnecessarily gory passage which jars somewhat, but on the whole it is a good read for those who find Stephen King rather over-long.