on 6 April 2017
This book had me laughing out loud many times! It is quite an eye opener about the work and life of rig workers and his book is so full of adventures and stories I just could not put it down!
Fantastic book! I would put more stars if I could!
on 31 December 2012
I thought this book was just going to be about working on oil rigs in the sea... I didnt realise that the author had travelled literally all over the world and worked on many land based rigs as well. This book is down right hilarious and and part with the poor monkey swinging round on the ceiling fan just has to be read twice. It was a bit gory in one part.. its a wonder one of the film makers havent used that particular bit in a horror film,, I did recoil in horror when one of the authors fellow riggers had an awful accident. Quite a short book for saying but on the whole a good read.
on 3 September 2017
Great title. Pity the book doesn't match it. Just a series of not particularly interesting personal anecdotes based on laddish behaviour thus far ( I am 30% through it). Not sure I can be bothered to finish it. Sorry.
on 15 September 2017
Excellent anecdotes and an easy ready. So good I've bought some of his Paul Carters other books which I'm looking forward to getting into.
on 30 April 2017
Some funny stuff in here, wished it could have been longer
on 17 September 2017
Easily the funniest book I've ever read.
on 11 August 2017
Excellent!
on 20 October 2017
Gave it as a gift. Never read it.
on 16 October 2017
Entertaining. Light and funny.
on 10 March 2017