Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now

Don't Kill Snails with Salt 4

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jul 2012 08:11:05 BDT
Granny you should come and visit us, if it's not been raining it's been overcast, the warmest its been has been 20C

we're off to the Zoo tomorrow, going to see the Panadas

Posted on 8 Jul 2012 08:08:56 BDT
valerie says:
Goodness you are still here! Hello :)
I have just been reading about the new released HP box set ...wondering whether its worth £180 ...mmm it looks beautiful !
Then I looked Down and saw you ...DKSWS 4 ! wow ...
Its such a long time since we started chatting here ,good old Amazon .

Posted on 8 Jul 2012 11:22:50 BDT
P. Cobb says:
But it has dwindled to a mere faithful few, Blanche. You're welcome to stay awhile and chat if the fancy takes you...

Posted on 8 Jul 2012 12:21:11 BDT
My BAD - I do not remember Blanche - I will be dropping by but not so often - maybe - at present it's all Silver Threads and Golden Needles - not the C/W song - rather an Embroidery Task I have grabbed greedily for myself couple of my dearest friends have gotten themselves engaged - when to marry - oh dear - where - that is the question.
Don't you marry in the brides Parish well at present they are quite far away - across the pond - working and making some money - and the Brides Parish is farther away - than some - but another far-away - most of my best buddies are farther away than I like - thank goo9dness for those who are within reach - yeah right - have keyboard will travel.
With love to all 0 Oatti

I am the cat who walks by herself - all places are alike to me !

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jul 2012 12:56:03 BDT
valerie says:
Lol ...Where did the Blanche come from ! Thats my middle name ..this is VALERIE ...
Patricia Enola,I dont think we have ever chatted ,nice to meet you :) Good luck with your needlework ...what are you making?
Good luck to your nearly married friends too ...been married over 40 yrs myself.... Dont think it matters where you wed, my niece chose to be married in a helicopter for goodness sake ...So many choices these days .
Hi to Mary-Ann ,Jedi Lilly,P.Cobb and Granny Rach too ....Does Haley still chat ?
Conratulations to Lina ,hope everything goes well for you :)

Posted on 8 Jul 2012 14:11:16 BDT
P. Cobb says:
The silence from Lina might mean they have a new addition by now, Blanche.

Hayley has fallen out of the loop and not responded to calls to take her wand up again. Ditto with Tim.

Busy, busy, busy, Pattie. Look in when you can, eh?

So, can Andy Murray do it at Wimbledon? I hope so, but boy do I find it frustrating when I watch him. He will play superbly, then throw away stupid points and let the opponent back in. He just hasn't got that mean, consistent streak in him, I fear. We shall see.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2012 02:44:08 BDT
Eric has begun his Navy career. He's at boot camp now. left home yesterday. it's all very exciting. I miss him, but am very proud.

Hiya Valerie!!!!!!

a stitch in time an'all Patti!

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2012 08:28:14 BDT
Good luck to Geric and you Granny.

Hi Valerie *waves*

Sounds like you have alot of work to do Patricia fingers crossed it all goes well for you.

Posted on 16 Jul 2012 00:39:03 BDT
P. Cobb says:
Just noticed I posted the following on 25th March on first page of this new thread:

"High temps here, too, Grach. We have threats of garden hosepipe bans already.
Summer? Doubtless that will be a waterlogged washout."

Perhaps I should try my hand at predictions, or even fortune telling?!

Oh well, the olympic torch travelled from Southampton to Guernsey and Jersey, then back to Portsmouth today (Sunday). That added a few miles!

So, how did it go on IOW yesterday, LMA? Did they call into your house as they passed for a cuppa, or had you already got it waiting in a flask while sat on the lawn? Did the hoardes prevent you being able to see?
Noticed it did Totland, Needles, Yarmouth, Carisbrooke, Newport and East Cowes before heading back to the mainland. Got a list of all the roads. Bet those in the east of the island felt a bit cheated.

Posted on 16 Jul 2012 16:33:58 BDT
lina says:
hello, hello, Snails

as you have guessed, we have another little snail in the team
It's a girl, was born on 2nd July, 4230g, everything is ok (she's not gaining a lot of weight, but she' s healthy and happy, so we don't worry)
Too hot here
I hope everyone is fine!
I haven't read your news, I hope some time I do it!

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jul 2012 17:32:31 BDT
Cheers Lina - and congratulations to you on your lovely Gift from the Gods
I did the Ancient Greek and thought of Ta moro koretsee kallista
I hope to goodness that fits and I have not forgotten - I remembered To Kalon - is that right -
I mean was it right for "Those Beautiful ones"

Posted on 16 Jul 2012 19:10:34 BDT
P. Cobb says:
Hearty congratulations to you and your whole family, Lina. That's you busy for the forseeable future!

Every best wish to Linini, Linette or Linopoulos! Bet she's delightful.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jul 2012 19:26:23 BDT
Congratulations on your new bundle of joy Lina :)

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jul 2012 21:22:13 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Jul 2012 21:24:06 BDT
Congratulations Lina ... what have you called her? ...... Good wishes for her future

Good luck to Eric too, Grach... hope he gets to love the sea, maybe we`ll see him in Portsmouth UK one day... :)

PC ... thanks for the lovely doggie pics, I got those ok but couldn`t open anything on the previous email
Olympic torch passed right by sis-in-laws house so we watched from outside there... great fun & a huge turnout .... AND it stopped raining just in time .... I think we had a couple of coaches from East Wight, but I expect most of them went to Newport or East Cowes... I`ll put a few piccies in an email... :)

How did the panda visit go, Lil... did they put on a display for you ,or just sit there like teddy bears?!!! ...:)

Good to see you back on Snails , Val ( Blanche)... I looked to see if you`d put anything on dA too

How`s the sewing going, Patty... It`s certainly the sort of summer to take on something like that!

We have had a bit of a catastrophy. The "foal" ... now 3 years old was kicked by Conker a couple of weeks ago & fractured a hind leg albeit a hairline fracture, so she`s had to be sedated & strapped up , we were supposed to keep her stabled, but after she demolished one stable & then threatened to jump the door of another one we decided that out in the field was likely to be less damaging for her!! It is however an almost impossible task to re-dress the leg every couple of days in this incessant wind & rain, not to mention the mud!! I`m just hoping that being young, healing will be rapid ...

Roll on winter if this is summer!!

Posted on 16 Jul 2012 21:49:52 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Jul 2012 21:50:30 BDT
Those Dogs were Gorgeous - I am so much of an animal lover
The sewing - I believe I can fairly say I have completed 2 - 1/4 - for the Festive one is not long started - it is suited to Christmas Diwali or Chanukah since it has - in every corner candles with some metallic "gold" thread thank you Mary-Ann for asking I am also the happiest little bunny in the hutch , for my dears may be home sooner than expected. Shepherd's Pie for supper when they visit - well the first time anyways - seems to me even my Signature Dish must not be served too often- back in Mother Hen mode - chuck chuck chuk - CHerKK !!

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jul 2012 00:39:35 BDT
yay for torch relay!
yay for wee snail!
yay for doggies!
yay for pandas!
yay for family visits and shepherd's pie!
sad for wounded pony.

too awfully hot here. 100F. urgh. no rain to speak of.

Posted on 17 Jul 2012 01:36:11 BDT
P. Cobb says:
Nice to see LMA's photos. The woman in the cowboy hat seemed to be enjoying herself!

Less security where you were, LMA - they didn't trust us as much! Stewards would have stopped me going into road to take a photo and the following police would have stamped all over me - they were a tough looking lot!

Mind you, the crowds were immense and there was only just enough room for the vehicles to get through without people stepping into the road as well.

I've thought that overall (on days that have kept dry) the British public have taken the relay to their hearts and have turned out in their droves, cheered and dressed up. I think the whole relay has been successful so far.

100°, Grach? People have genuinely forgotten what the sun looks like here. Rain yet again today. On the day the sun returns in September, possibly, people will be reporting it as some strange UFO in the sky.

Posted on 17 Jul 2012 08:14:20 BDT
THe sun was spotted here away - just for a brief glimpse - then coyly hid behind a cloud
and the rain !!! - bucketting down yesterday

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jul 2012 20:40:11 BDT
whilst it has not rained today it hasn't been nice. quite windy and very grey looking. What is this sun you speak of? (begining to forget what dry feels like - still the car stays clean :D )

MA - the panda's were lovely and we got to see them out and about, the boy panda put on a bit of a show when he stated eating, he likes to lay on his back, he's lazy, but they were stunning. Smaller than i thought they would be although they weigh alot.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jul 2012 02:29:41 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Jul 2012 02:30:29 BDT
Panda! Rain! Torches! Clouds! Parades!
Almost 100F again. I HATE SUMMER!

Not your summer over there, my summer here. sooooooo hot.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jul 2012 09:58:11 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Jul 2012 09:58:58 BDT
guess what? it's raining again

or should that be it's not taking time to rain :( guess it's another day stuck at home with the younglings

Posted on 18 Jul 2012 10:34:03 BDT
Listen to the rhythm of the pouring rain
Oh my Gods its slamming down again
Lightning and thundering it scares the cat
Kitty's miaowing driving me insane

Do the Gods know it is July,
have the got the seasons all confused
Will they simply let their servant cry
or once more will I be excused

In the south they say there is a heat wave
and people in their shorts are going forth
Sunshine is the weather that we do crave
Why do we have none up in the North

Saving all my money for a holiday
Wondering now where it's safe to go
Sunshine and sea-water for me today
what-all should I pack so I can go.

Posted on 18 Jul 2012 10:35:46 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Jul 2012 10:41:02 BDT
Accidentally Duplicated - shucks - I just felt a poem coming on, with the way I am staying in these last few days - I think I need to have a resident Cat, I love their ways - you can tell them stuff and they listen politely - even let you hold them and they purr - but behind the sweet exterior - they are all "Aww gimme a break lady" and you know they do not give a **** any how.
Don't we just love 'em when they do that, I surely DO.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jul 2012 10:56:54 BDT
all i ever get from my cat is backchat honestly. he's really not much of a conversationalist and he doesn't really like me :( sigh

Posted on 18 Jul 2012 15:15:11 BDT
P. Cobb says:
Patti:

Oh, what a washout summer!
Oh, isn't it a to do!
Where to go on holiday?
Best to stick with Windaview!
‹ Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 68 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  1694
Initial post:  24 Mar 2012
Latest post:  1 day ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) by J.K. Illustrations by Mary GrandPre. Rowling (Hardcover - 2007)
4.6 out of 5 stars (1,549)