on 20 July 2014
A truly inspiring book. While reading this book it was like Serena was sitting with me and she was talking to me. I love her honesty and openness in her delivery. I love that she is not claiming to get life right and that she is still working with her habits and issues to resolve. Using her family as the books title explains "my experience growing up with spiritual parents, gave me an insight into different ways of parenting. What honour and respect both parents tried to instil in their children, for themselves first, then others, I loved the personal family sharing especially about Serena's mums labour and thank her mum for allowing this story to be told. I think Serena is a brilliant author which I resonate easily with. I could feel the love in her in every page. For me it is not a book to be read, rather to be felt. Thank you Serena for giving me the opportunity to know you and your wisdom. I feel Serena and her dad work well together, however she is a writer in her own unique way.
One person found this helpful
on 9 July 2014
I have read wayne's books "You'll see it when you believe it" and "there's a spiritual solution to every problem". They have been life changing to me and naturally because of my interest in his work and books, I found out about this book from Serena Dyer.

I read it and loved it. It's a nice book, feels good and it's easy and fun to read and has an impact on you. The last chapters even made me cry and not because I was sad :D

I think it's a wonderful book and I plan to read it again and continue underlining it. And I have to say that not often in literature you will find a book that is so well written as this one, it's very easy to read and follow and it's great to hear the wisdom from another perspective this time.

Absolutely recommended :)
One person found this helpful
on 19 August 2014
Thank you Serena, you wrote with such honesty. You chose your parents very well and yet indeed had many life lessons to learn despite the spiritual environment into which you were growing. You speak so lovingly about your parents and siblings, it is a joy to read. You are truly blessed to have each other and are an inspiration.
on 11 December 2015
Brilliant as with all Wayne's books.
on 19 May 2016
Read this after Dr Dyer died. Very very important read. Enjoyed it and make me think.
on 28 December 2014
Very interesting. I keep saying the title in my head to encourage me to do all the things I really want to before its too late!
on 4 November 2016
I just loved Wayne Dyer. I love his writings of course. It was lovely to see his daughter Serena s take on the situations too. Lovely book.
on 5 November 2015
I really enjoyed this,and Serena has obviously got a talent for writing.
on 9 August 2014
a wonderful read and very inspiring
on 14 November 2015
Wonderful book, I couldn't put it down, amazing insight an inspirational book x❤️x