Don Bradman Cricket 14 (PS3)
- Online Play
- Career Mode
- Manual Appeal
- Electronic Review System
- Dynamic Weather and Pitch Degredation
- Multiplayer Save System
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Platform: PlayStation 3 | Edition: 2014 Standard Edition
It is indeed an honour to be able to bring the greatest player to a technology savvy generation of fans in what promises to be the greatest cricket game of all time!
THE LEGEND CONTINUES..... Sir Don Bradman, a revolution in Cricket and now an evolution in gaming.
* UNIQUE BATTING AND BOWLING CONTROLS, giving full 360 shot control and Line and Length delivery. Intuitive controls that allow for line and length deliveries without pitch markers and realistic shot control when batting.
* 20 YEARS CAREER MODE, take a 16 year old aspiring cricketer through the ranks to International glory.
* A FULLY FEATURED FIELDING SYSTEM that allows you to run down the ball and slide to prevent a Four, catch a high ball on the boundary rope, or knock down the stumps to take a vital run out.
* MANUAL APPEAL AND ELECTRONIC REVIEW SYSTEM allowing for the first time challenges of the umpires decision.
* DYNAMIC TIME OF DAY, WEATHER SYSTEM AND PITCH DEGRADATION that are based on real world data.
* DON BRADMAN ACADEMY where you can create / Edit / share online Players, Teams, Competitions, Tours, Umpires and ready to download made by other users and use them in game.
* AN ONLINE SAVE SYSTEM that lets you continue your match whenever you want with online opponents.
* PRACTICE IN NETS OR MATCH PRACTICE Hone your skills to perfection before taking to the field.
* REALISTIC BALL PHYSICS, The most realistic physics ever seen in a cricket game, including thin edges, bat pad catches, intimidating bouncers and much more.
* A COMPLETE PLAYER PHYSICS SYSTEM with individual attributes including weight and height along with Identity, Appearance, Fielding/Batting Kit.
Disc and Manual
Top customer reviews
Career mode issues noted are
- 'he's dropped a catch!' Commentary when on replay the ball clearly hits the ground first
- one day simulations on rookie amateur and pro are poor - side batting first always wins and if you're side are chasing 200 off 40 overs they will bat the overs finishing short of the target eg 150/2 unless you go in and up the run rate and win the game for them.
- Being stumped seems unavoidable at times - if you swing and miss there seems to be no button you can press to get back and 3rd umpire always gives it out
- in one day matches big ant review system is more of a feature than a useful tool, as umpires are 99.99% correct.
Multiplayer is good fun but issues are
- very limited time for setting up match/team selection (30 secs)
- very limited time to do anything in game and can offer forfeits to other players while you're trying to sort your field.
- when batting, camera angles do not change immediately like on career mode meaning running between wickets can be either risky (can't see fielders) or limited (having to wait for the camera to change, so you can decide to run a single for what would have been a two.
- player lag can have a massive impact on the game. Fielders often appear out of nowhere and catch you out and sometimes the ball disappears just as it's bowled. Could probably do with a server patch maybe.
Every cricket game has struggled to capture the entire realism of our beloved sport, however this seems to me to be the closest we've come to playing the real thing. 8/10
The overall presentation is very good using tv like appearance including replays, drs review system etc. The graphics though are a bit of a let down. Compared to the likes of Fifa it is quite inferior.
The gameplay features make up for this somewhat though. There is a nets practice and match practice game mode to learn how to bat, bowl and field before you get to play a proper game.The controls initially are quite hard to learn and master. Once you do though it makes for an enjoyable and quite addictive game.
There is also a career mode . You start off as a 16 year old and can play a maximum 20 year career.
Overall this is a very good game. Due to the quality of graphics and also some bugs and such issues I will give this 4 stars. If you like cricket and video games this should be a must buy.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews