- Also check our best rated Travel Book reviews
Dolomites and Eastern South Tyrol: Complete Guide with Walks (Complete Series) Paperback – 17 Mar 2016
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This guidebook – the only general guide to the Dolomites in English – is an ideal companion for anyone touring the glorious Dolomites countryside, as well as those planning a summer holiday walking in the Dolomites. Even visitors who go for the skiing season will find it useful!
The book combines the best features of Sunflower's 'Landscapes' walking and driving guides with all the detail you would expect in a hefty general guide. Coverage includes:
• getting there and getting about
• practicalities A-Z
• lift opening times with prices
• 24 main walks illustrated with large-scale maps
• dozens of other walks and cycling routes
• fold-out area maps
• detailed town plans of Brixen/Bressanone, Bozen/Bolzano, Bruneck/Brunico, St Ulrich/Urtijëi, Wolkenstein/Selva, Canazei and Cortina d'Ampezzo (all with recommended hotels, restaurants, night spots and everything from supermarkets to cycle hire and launderettes).
• 150 restaurant suggestions
• many 'feature' panels
• 100 web addresses
Each chapter covers a specific area, with detailed information about the various towns and villages – from the 'sights' to lift opening times, local websites for more information, and restaurants. The main walks are described in the same chapters, as are detailed descriptions of dozens of other walking and cycling 'tips'.
In addition to the eastern Dolomites (east of the A22 motorway) rising in the provinces of South Tyrol, Trento and Belluno, the book covers an area outside the Dolomites – the eastern part of South Tyrol. The book does not take in the Brenta Dolomites west of the A22 motorway.
There is a free online update service with specific route change information on the publisher's website.
Inspiring book... I like the Sunflower series of walking books as they always contain lovely photographs that make you want to get out there right now. This one was no exception, and I found the alternative versions of the walks helpful, as many of the routes would not otherwise be suitable for drivers. The Dolomites are stunning and you don't need to be exceptionally fit to get away from the other tourists. When we went in June there was still some snow on the higher routes so we decided we will go back next year to have a go at the walks we could not tackle this time. We will be taking this book with us. (TA, Amazon)
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However, instead of one star I gave two, because there were pretty much bnice-to-know information on this book. This is more a browsing book than a walking qiude.
Buy Tobaco-maps and use them.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?