- Amazon Student members get an extra 10% off this product Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Doing Focus Groups (Qualitative Research Kit) Paperback – 18 Feb 2008
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Current research spans both of the School’s programmes and includes work with colleagues in Dundee and Bristol on developing an intervention for weight loss part partum and understanding the reasons for suboptimal uptake of folic acid. A personal programme of work is concerned with the sociology of recovery and involves research into young adult cancer patients’ concerns about future fertility (with colleagues from Aberdeen), reintegration after stroke, and the long-term outcomes for women who have experienced post partum psychosis (with colleagues at St.Andrews).
Her research career has covered a wide variety of topics located at the intersection of the clinical and the social - e.g. HIV/AIDS; reproductive health and fertility; psychosocial health; and obesity. Rose’s theoretical interests centre around the links between identity and agency, and implications for health promotion and clinical practice. Rose has a particular interest in rigour in qualitative research and has published widely on this topic in a range of academic journals. Reflecting her conviction that qualitative research is a craft skill, Rose has developed an innovative series of ‘hands-on’ qualitative methods workshops. She has been invited to present these workshops throughout the UK, in Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Switzerland, France, the US and Canada. She co-edited Developing Focus Group Research: Politics, Theory and Practice (Sage, 1999). Her most recent books - Introducing Qualitative Research: A Student Guide to the Craft of Doing Qualitative Research (Sage, 2014) and Doing Focus Groups (Sage, 2008) - bring together and share the expertise she has developed through running workshops for a variety of audiences over the past 15 years.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Methodology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Methodology & Research > Methodology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Methodology & Research > Statistics & Research