Customer reviews

on 2 June 2013
This was a really sweet read... I had a big smile at the end .. yet again I'm hoping that Dale will write a follow on ..... so let's hope with every thing crossed there will be some day soon..... one of your biggest fans.....
...term very, very broadly.

I recently read a tale about a cat who helped his owner find true love, and though that I would be getting the same here. I didn't, but it wasn't all bad, as there was a touch of danger, some light romance, lots of dogs and an OK, if rather stupidly-named, female lead, Ninna. Ninna made me think of 'ninny', which she was for quite a bit of the tale, but I don't think that's her fault. No, that's down to the issues the author landed her with.

I won't say too much about the tale, other than that for around 95% of it, I was convinced that Ninna was having a touch of the Dr Doolittles. And I found the ending touching. But, I did find it totally non-funny when Ninna started wondering about seeing her therapist again, and if she might have some leftover pills lying around, when she thought that she was hearing and seeing things. IMHO, that bit needs reviewing, as 'mental health' issues are no laughing matter. Especially as you get to 99% of the tale and find that Ninna had gone through years of therapy and meds for something similar to what she has been going through. Not funny and not clever. And, BTW, whilst I'm no authority on mental health, I am married to a senior mental health nurse, and I know what he has to deal with day in, day out; I found this book a little disrespectful.

Overall, well-written and clearly proof-read and edited, but not for me.
on 18 October 2012
I really enjoyed this book, whizzed through it, couldn't put it down. The stalker made a sharp edge to the romantic theme. The ending was brilliant, but I won't spoil the surprise for other readers!
on 13 January 2013
Loved the book about Ninna how works at a animal shelter and the talking dog Mosey. Definitely worth a read.
on 3 December 2015
If you want a quick read then this book is for you. Ninja gets a new job in a vet/animal sanctuary and makes a new friend. I'm not going mention the story as don't want to ruin it for you . A good little book
on 14 February 2012
Great read. Enjoyed the plot, the characters, the dogs ... What's to not enjoy? Good story, clever story. Definitely worth a read.
on 4 June 2014
what a great read, I loved this book, and have read it a couple of times already. she is a really clever writer