- Paperback: 184 pages
- Publisher: W. H. Auden and Christopher Isherwood; Main edition (9 Aug. 1986)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0571085202
- ISBN-13: 978-0571085200
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 1.1 x 19.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 713,290 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Dog Beneath the Skin or Where is Francis? Paperback – 9 Aug 1986
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
W. H. Auden was born in York in 1907 and brought up in Birmingham. His first book, Poems, was published by T. S. Eliot at Faber in 1930. He went to Spain during the civil war, to Iceland (with Louis MacNeice) and later travelled to China. In 1939 he and Christopher Isherwood left for America, where Auden spent the next fifteen years lecturing, reviewing, writing poetry and opera librettos, and editing anthologies. He became an American citizen in 1946, and was awarded the Pulitzer Prize in 1948. In 1956 he was elected Professor of Poetry at Oxford, and a year later went to live in Kirchstetten in Austria, after spending several summers on Ischia. He died in Vienna in 1973.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.