Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Edition - Sgt. Pepper Shop Women's Shop Men's
Customer Discussions > Austerlitz forum

Does anyone know this passage and what it is from?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Mar 2010, 14:54:36 GMT
P. J. says:
A friend of mine came to me with the following passage hoping that i would know it. It does seem familiar to me, but i cannot place it. Can anyone help?

"There are certain looks, usually quite unintentional - or perhaps subconscious - that grab your attention and shake it fiercely. She sits, quite casually and with a certain elegance, and casts her gaze in your direction. A curious playfulness creeps its way across her visage, filled with both innocence and hunger in one, quick glimmer of her colourful eyes. And when this quick moment has passed, she'll turn with a haunting nonchalance, perhaps causing a lock of cascading brown tresses to brush over an exposed shoulder. But most of all, my friends, most of all, it is the laugh. That tiny giggle, like the tinkling of little bells. A sound that, in her youthful passion, she is not even aware she makes."
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Austerlitz forum
Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  12 Mar 2010
Latest post:  12 Mar 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
Austerlitz
Austerlitz by W. G. Sebald (Paperback - 4 July 2002)
3.7 out of 5 stars (71)