- Paperback: 227 pages
- Publisher: Southern Illinois University Pr (30 Jun. 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0809315181
- ISBN-13: 978-0809315185
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 1.8 x 22.9 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,568,098 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Documentary Dilemmas: Frederick Wiseman's Titicut Follies Paperback – 30 Jun 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Titicut Follies is an excoriating depiction of conditions in the Massachusetts Correctional Institution at Bridgewater, a prison-hospital for the criminally insane. After first granting Frederick Wiseman permission to make a documentary at MCI-Bridgewater, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts took Wiseman to court, seeking to prevent the exhibition of Titicut Follies soon after its release in 1967.
About the Author
Carolyn Anderson is Assistant Professor of Communication at the University of "Massachusetts."Thomas W. Benson is Professor of Speech Communication at The Pennsylvania State University.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The doctor & guards were as sick as the inmates. I was involved with the jails at those times. I did counseling for mentally ill then and still do now. But that was like the Zimbardo experiment, only worse ! Thank-you so much, have been trying to track that down for 40 years now ! Antonette Royce RNC BS CS
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Law
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > E-commerce
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Teaching Aids & Educational Material
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Production & Technology > Computers & Film