Document Scanner, TaoTronics Handheld Mobile Portable Document scanner 1050 DPI 1.44'TFT Colour & Mono, Color Display (For Photo, Picture, Reciepts, Books,Business Card,Passport,JPG/PDF Format Selection,Micro SD Card included)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The TaoTronics Choice: With our high rating top barcode scanners, TaoTronics is the first choice for over 1.3 million Amazon customers
- Portable, handheld scanner suitable businessmen, students, travelers and amateur archivists
- Permanently archive all your documents digitally - convert your color or black & white photos, receipts and books into digital files
- Scan images with up to 1050 DPI resolution and save them directly to a SD memory card; rechargeable 700mAh lithium battery lets you bring it anywhere
- Comes with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software so you can convert and edit your scans
Customers who bought this item also bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
The TaoTronics TT-DS011 Cordless Handheld Scanner is an A4-sized scanner that can scan books, photos, receipts, business cards, or anything flat. Permanently digitize and store all your documents and never lose them again. The scanner comes with a rechargeable 700mAh lithium battery. Perfect if you need to take the scanner with you to the library, office, or on business trips. The built-in 1.44" TFT color screen lets you check how your scan comes out. The scanner has the option of 3 different resolutions (300, 600 and 1050 DPI) depending on how detailed you would like your scans. When you are ready to upload to your PC , you can choose either JPEG or PDF formats depending on what you can. The scanner also supports an SD card up to 32GB to store all your scanned results. The scanner comes with free Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software that converts scanned images into editable text documents(But incompatible with MAC); which you can then share with friends and colleagues. At TaoTronics, not only we offer high quality products, we back them up with 12 month warranty and a 30 day money back guaranty - that's why over 1.3 million Amazon customers have supported us. What's Included: TaoTronics Cordless Handheld Scanner (Model: TT-DS011); USB Cable; OCR CD; Cloth Bag; White Balance Calibration; and a User Manual. Please note that the OCR software does not work on Mac.
Top customer reviews
There are two shortcomings which is why it rates four stars not five. Firstly each scan is a separate file so if you have a multi page document you will have multiple files with a page on each. Secondly the scanner window is about 22mm from one end of the scanner and about 26mm from the other.which means you need margins that wide if scanning a book or magazine. If the book is small enough you can get round this by scanning across the page rather than down it.
Pro's: - Light, small, practical, very user friendly, easy and fast connecting to computer, easy scanning
- Disappointed about the quality; not so much the detail of it (even in "Middle" option it is really detailed enough, no problem zooming in), but the lightning. Somehow I had expected that if I really got the hang of the scanning (e.g. slowly and with a steady hand), it would turn out just fine, but even under perfect conditions I find that the main problem is that the image is overexposed. I had to go and drastically lower the exposure in Lightroom; and I'm not all freakish about quality or something, but it really would be a little unpleasant to read and definitely not good enough to send as a semi-official document (and this even after adjustment).
- When getting to the bottom of the page you need to keep on scanning for another inch to ensure full coverage; this is a bit difficult to do when scanning a book or something else that doesn't even with the surface beneath.
Overall it does the job though, and I'm happy I can scan anything and anywhere I want right now! I would recommend this scanner if you often need to upload book pages and notes for self-study, university, etc; anything for personal purposes basically.
I also scanned in a water colour painting and it came out great it might need some contrast tweaking but other than that it came out amazingly.
First time using this type of scanner and it is easy to mess up a scan. The main issue I encounter is snagging on a page edge or something in the way as a slide it across.
Takes a bit of practice but does leave people thinking you are a technophobe when you get this out and swipe it across a document! Without a doubt it will not beat a full sized scanner, but it will produce an instant image when you need it and where you need it!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews