Doctors and Diseases in the Roman Empire Paperback – 1 Sep 1991
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
207pp, inc. many b/w illus, laminated card, 8vo
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The use of original ancient source material and photos of artwork depicting Roman physicians at work stood out, making this book the best tome I've found so far that offers a stepping off point for further research into subjects tied to medical care available during the Empire.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Ancient History & Civilisation > Greece
- Books > History > Ancient History & Civilisation > Rome
- Books > History > Social & Cultural
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Archaeology > By Period > Classical Greek & Roman