Format: DVD|Change
Price:£47.98+ £1.26 shipping

on 20 August 2007
I got into Doctor Who a bit late in the game. By the time I finished Fear Her the first few episodes of the 3rd series had already aired, so I knew Rose left and was replaced by Martha. I was very very skeptical to say the least. Here's my episode by episode review:

The Runaway Bride: I'd only ever seen Catharine Tate in Starter for 10 (Yeah, I'm American) so I had no idea of her comedy show (or how repititive it was..killed a great thing, imho) so I only knew her strictly as an actress. I really really enjoyed this episode. I think it was refreshing to see a companion stand up to the Doctor in a way that we hadn't seen in a while and honestly wouldn't you be a bit overwhelemed and angry if that happened to you on your wedding day? All in all good Doctor Who 8/10

Smith and Jones: Great fun! A perfect introduction to Martha and a great season opener..! And I don't mind the blue suit at all. The pacing was great, I could've done without the "genetic transfer" but all in all a great episode! 9.5/10

The Shakespeare Code: One of my favorites episodes of the entire show. I'm a massive fan of Dean Lennox Kelly (Mostly because of Shameless) so I was happily shocked to see him play Shakespeare. The story was great as were the performances. 10/10

Gridlock: I didn't care for this episode the first time I saw it but after watching it a second time I found myself appreciating it a bit more. It was great to see Martha finally confront the Doctor and get a straight answer from him. It was also nice to see the Face of Boe again. 8/10

Daleks in Manhattan - I've only watched this episode once and I don't plan on watching it again. I live in NY so I'm biased but Tallulah's accent was way over-the-top, so that was a bit of a turn off for me from the minute she spoke. The story had great potential; it could've been quite epic really. It just felt tired and old and the episode began to drag quite a bit toward the end. Even though I had the second part available to watch right away I gave myself a couple of days to digest what I had just put myself through. 6/10 (which is only so high due to the acting, mostly by David and Freema)

Evolution of the Daleks - Take the pacing of the first part and slow that down by a hundred times and you get this episode. It wasn't terrible..the acting is great, the effects are good, the story had such potential (some moments are great while others fall terribly flat) but it's definitely forgettable. 5.5/10

The Lazarus Experiment - This is when I regained my faith in the series. While it wasn't great it was interesting to have the villian be human. Mark Gatiss was great (as always) as were the rest of the cast. The effects were good considering how complicated Lazarus was designed. All in all a decent episode. 8/10

42 - I know that everyone calls this the "The Impossible Planet" of series 3 but they're not THAT similar. Okay, maybe they are a bit, but the differences that are there are great enough to allow me to enjoy this episode. The story is interesting, the acting is absolutely superb (This is when I finally began to notice just how brilliant David Tennant really is). Once again a bit more of my faith in the series was restored. 8/10

Human Nature - Where do I even begin? This is, without a doubt in my mind, the best Doctor Who story ever written. Everyone is absolutely fantastic, especially Jessica Hynes and David Tennant! I'm used to seeing the former in strictly comedy roles but she is a great dramatic actress! David Tennant completely transformed himself! There was nothing of the Doctor in John Smith. Freema was great as well; she really shown in this episode, I was finally convinced she had what took to be a companion. The Family were brilliant as well. 10/10

The Family of Blood - This is what television should be. Plain and simple. I have never cried so much over an episode of a show in my entire life. The dilemma that John was faced with really got to me. I found myself even more upset when the Doctor reappeared (I just didn't think it was fair, I can't explain it in a short review). By far the best episode of any television show I have ever watched. 10/10

Blink - An amazing episode to follow the previous two with! Sally was a pleasure to watch, very relatable, and the Easter Egg bit is genius! David Tennant stole the last scene with his bow and arrow. The ending is also perfect; just when you think the danger is over..10/10

Utopia - Very very slow moving but the pay-off is well worth the wait. Having Jack back was great! It was also nice to see him back to his old Doctor Who self. I'm just a bit saddened that the Jacobi didn't stay on..though I do think John Simm was great as well. 9/10

The Sound of Drums - Great episode. It was interesting and exciting to see the group on the run as outlaws. The pacing is perfect and John Simm captures that manic insanity the Master now seems to have perfectly. 9/10

The Last of the Time Lords - I love this episode. It drags a bit in the middle but the Scissor Sisters sequence was perfect!! It was interesting and refreshing to see the Doctor stuck in a situation like that. The climax was great as well (if a bit cheesy and I was a little surprised at how no one seemed to care that the President had still been killed..mind you if it was our current President I wouldn't either, but still) but the ending ripped out my heart. But I'm convinced it's not the end of the Master. I just can't wait to find out how the Titanic was able to crash though the TARDIS.

All in all I'd give it a solid 9/10 (the crap episodes were crap but the amazing episodes really redeem it for me).
77 comments| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 April 2008
This is the 3rd series of the "new" Doctor Who and the second to feature David Tennant in the title role. He has really settled into this and his new sidekick Martha (well played by Freema Agyeman) proves to be an excellent foil. There are some first-class episodes in this series, particularly 'Blink', 'The Lazarus Experiment', '42', 'Human Nature', and 'The Family of Blood'. 'Blink' is one of the cleverest episodes of Doctor Who ever made. The last 3 linked episodes 'Utopia', 'Sound of Drums' and 'Last of the Timelords' work really well, including some outstanding make-up and special effects. I would say this is the best series of the new Doctor we have had. Extras include David Tennant's video diary and some promotional clips. This is great TV and I look forward to the release of the 4th series on DVD. Highly recommended!
on 26 September 2014
Doctor Who series 3 has always been my favourite series of Doctor Who. David Tennant is on top form this series, the writing is brilliant and the introduction of Martha Jones played by Freema Agyeman is in my opinion a great character and good a companion to travel with the Doctor. It has a different feel to the last two series, possibly to do with the exit of Rose Tyler. The episodes in this series are consistently of high quality and it contains some of the best stories Doctor Who has ever had; the second half of the series is particularly exceptional.

Here's my opinion on each of the episodes:

The Runaway Bride - This is a special that is included as part of the series three box set, the first standard episode of series three being "Smith and Jones." This is a very enjoyable Christmas special even if it isn't as excellent as "The Christmas Invasion", the Christmas special that came before series two. I think Katherine Tate is good as the bride, I wasn't sure at first about her but then came to like her. She later travels with The Doctor in series four and I could see from this that she already would make a great companion. The plot itself is far-reaching but the entertainment factor and quirky Tennant moments make it fun to watch. My favourite part was the TARDIS chase scene when The Doctor tries to rescue Donna from the killer Santa's, it was really well done. It has a high-budget atmosphere as well, like it would be seen in a movie. I liked the scenes when The Doctor was remembering Rose, we can see the sorrow in his eyes and shows it's still on his mind alongside the alien threat in the story. The villain needed to be better and the setting where the Racnoss was felt weird but the dialogue between her and the Doctor was well written. Overall it's a good story and one I like to watch every now and then because of how fun it is. Grade: B- (8/10)

Smith and Jones - This first episode is a great start for series three. It's big, loud and fast - an action-packed adventure. The monsters are good and it's a great way for Martha to first meet The Doctor in this story and her life is never the same again from that point on. I liked how a lot of the episode focussed on Martha and her crazy first day with the time-traveller. Grade: B (8.5/10)

The Shakespeare Code - This episode is good in my view, I got a lot of enjoyment out of it and the concept is interesting. I liked the Harry Potter references, some of the dialogue was excellent and the episode did really well at re-creating the past, specifically 1599. The globe theatre was great and the acting was top-notch (with William Shakespeare being very well cast.) Sometimes however the Witches and magic seemed a little too much in places. The episode has a funny script which worked and the Carrionites as villains were good. The plot is far-fetched but still entertaining. It's not the best in series three but it's a fine addition to the series. Grade: C (7.5/10)

Gridlock - This episode is another good one. The special-effects are great; the story is interesting even if some of the scenes are slow. I liked seeing the Face of Boe again and Martha confronting the Doctor about the Timelords. Tennant and Ageyman's chemistry on screen is brilliant and all the guest stars are excellent with Brannigan in particular being a terrific character. The acting in general and the visuals are fantastic, the shots of the motorway gave off that vast and never-ending feel. This episode has an important moment to do with the series main story arc; I really liked the ending which is thrilling in many respects. The macra, the creatures in the fog, were weak though. They didn't look very convincing at all, disappointing as the rest of the CGI in the episode looked great. The story needed to be improved somewhat and have some more exciting scenes included. I like "Gridlock" though, despite it being one of the weakest in the third series. Grade: C- (7/10)

Daleks in Manhattan - This is such an underrated episode. It's nothing outstanding, but very good. The characters are likeable and make the story work, having some well written dialogue. The pacing of the episode is good as well. I like the fact that viewers don't have to wait too long until they see the Daleks this series. The lines for the Daleks are also well written. David Tennant and Freema Ageyman give great performances and are really good in this episode. The CGI imagery is another factor which is good, considering it's a TV budget. The pig slaves are great and original. The Daleks seem to use the pig slaves to do their work throughout the episode which is slightly weird but this gives us some well executed action sequences. The setting in New York is good and the Daleks are better in this story than they were in the series two finale. This episode is epic in places, with some intense scenes and the ending has a brilliant cliff-hanger. Grade: B- (8/10)

Evolution of the Daleks - This is a good continuation of this two-part story. The Dalek Sec Hybrid is a great character and the prosthetics are really convincing. It is again epic and David Tennant gives a superb performance (he never gives a bad performance in any of his episodes.) I like the ending as well with the Dalek humans. It's intense, action-packed and another very good episode, just as good as the first part. This two-parter is a strong story and I don't understand why it gets criticism. It's not my absolute favourite in series three, but I really like it. Grade: B- (8/10)

The Lazarus Experiment - All the episodes are great from this point on and the series shifts into a new gear completely. "The Lazarus Experiment" is a very enjoyable story that is important to the plot of series three. It's thrilling and creepy, with a great monster, action and adventure. I liked the suspense and it has a classic monster movie feel to it. The ending to the episode, inside the church, is really good. David Tennant is tremendous as the Doctor in this episode; he is at his best when talking to the Lazarus character about human mortality. The plot itself is rather basic but is so well delivered and has some brilliant character moments regarding Martha's family. Overall, it's a stunning story. Grade: B+ (8.7/10)

42 - A lot of people say that this episode is similar to the ood two-parter from series two, but they are not THAT similar. They are slightly, in a few areas but are different enough to allow me to enjoy this episode on its own. The plot engages you and the action starts right away. It's a fast-moving and intense episode. The ship's design is good and it has some great moments for the character of Martha Jones. It also has some foreshadowing of the series three finale. There are parts where it could have been improved but I have always really liked "42." Grade: B- (8/10)

Human Nature - This is where the series gets mind-blowing. This episode, along with part two, are my favourite episodes of Doctor Who ever. I rarely say a Doctor Who story is perfect, but this is. It has a brilliant plot, engaging characters and interesting villains. It's so well written and seeing the Doctor human is very intriguing to watch. An outstanding episode. Grade: A+ (10/10)

The Family of Blood - A flawless episode and just as amazing as part one. Doctor Who really doesn't get better than this, it's also really emotional towards the end and touches you at the heart. Paul Cornell has written a masterpiece with these two episodes. It's not just the best Doctor Who story of all-time but one of the greatest episodes of any TV show ever in my opinion. Grade: A+ (10/10)

Blink - Considered by many to be a Doctor Who classic, this episode is excellent as well. It's very original and brilliantly written by Steven Moffat who always delivers with standalone episodes. This is a scary episode, the part when the Doctor talks about the Weeping Angels will send shivers up your spine. It is regarded as a Doctor lite episode with the Doctor mainly being used as a plot device. The guests stars give outstanding performances though and are very well casted. We learn more about their characters within the story and again this episode might touch you in some places. It's incredible that this story is told in forty five minutes and fits everything in so well. Another amazing Doctor Who story. Grade: A (9.5/10)

Utopia - This is an excellent episode. The whole concept is great, the future-kind are very menacing and the performances are again first rate. It is a dark episode and sees the return of Captain Jack which also makes it really good. The subtle moments between the Doctor, Jack and Martha are enjoyable and well written as well. Derek Jacobi played a really good part in this episode. I did not see the clever twist coming at the end either; the ending is so gripping and powerful. It's intense, epic and has a brilliant soundtrack by Murray Gold. There are so many memorable scenes and overall "Utopia" is fabulous. Grade: A- (9/10)

The Sound of Drums - This is the second part of the three-part-part finale. It's very intense and has lots of enjoyable scenes. John Simm is terrific as the Master, very funny and maniacal. Throughout this series Martha Jones has become a lot braver since meeting the Doctor and it shows here. This episode has Freema Agyeman's best performance and Martha is such an underrated companion. I love the scene when the Doctor talks about Gallifrey and the music is great, perfect for the episodes atmosphere. My only complaint really would be that the alien invaders, the Toclafane, are not great villains. They are not scary, just silly. They are okay though, but could have been better. The Doctor, Martha and Captain Jack are excellent again and the ending/cliff-hanger is brilliant. Grade: B+ (8.8/10)

Last of the Timelords - This is a really good conclusion to series three. As always, the acting is of high quality. There a few different storylines happening and shows Martha Jones on a quest to save the world. The Doctor is not involved in the action very much which isn't too good, but other things make up for this. There are good supporting characters and I liked how all the loose ends were tied up with the Toclafane. One thing which felt weird was how the Doctor returned; it could have been better and different. However, there is a brilliant emotional part and some great character development scenes. It has that epic feel and the ending is particularly impressive. The last fifteen minutes of the story is brilliant, but I enjoyed almost every part of this episode. The exit of Martha Jones is one of the most mature companion departures in the history of Doctor Who and she is given a great send-off. This story really shows the progression of Martha Jones over the course of series three and how she has changed since the Doctor entered her life. This episode is ambitious, powerful and emotional. I couldn't believe how much they put into this story and it's a superb ending to series three. Grade: A- (9/10)

I liked all the episodes in series three. There is not one story that's bad. The highlights of the series include: The Lazarus Experiment, Human Nature/The Family of Blood, Blink and Utopia/The Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords three-parter. It's an excellent series, roll on series four.
on 15 August 2007
I thought that series 3 was frankly ,marvellous. Let me go through the episodes:

Runaway Bride) An ingenious plot with some great moments, e.g showing Donna the start of the universe and the Doctor's dark moment at blowing up the building. Fantastic!

Smith and Jones) Good, and I thought it introduced Martha well. Although the first 15 mins were a tad like a soap opera the Doctor madeup for it by being absolutely hilarious!I am loving the genetic transfer!

Shakespeare Code) I loved this story telling and the cheek involved by siggesting all Shakespeares best lines came from the Doctor!

Gridlock) For me the worst episode as the car scenes were too long although the last 15 minutes were as good as good can be!

Daleks in Manhatten and Evolution of the Daleks) I think that the story was good but that iot could have been filmed better and the american accents could have been better! I enjoyed it although I know some people have said it was awful!

Lazarus Experiment) I loved this! Martha was announced by the Doctor as a full time companion in the last heart wrenching scene and the only thing I felt was bad was the tacky human face on the monster.

42) Really resembled The impossible planet/satan pit but I did enjoy this although it was not my favourite episode. David was fantastic as per usual but being possessed by the sun - thats not something you learn and drama school I am sure!

Human Nature/Family of Blood) This was amazing and was a great cliffhanger and really developed Martha as a character. Go Martha! The doctor had some sad scenes and i though jessica hynes was great in it!

Blink) I loved this episode and was my favourite of the series. This was probably the only one that did genuinely scare me! My son had nightmares for days after! All I can say is fabulous!

Utopia / Sound of Drums/ Last of the Time Lords/ These three were very different and although I did love Derek Jacobi and John Simm as the Master there were two things I found tacky. 1) Finding Utopia so that humans can live in harmony. Tacky? Totally! 2) Reversing time. It is as if Russell T Davies did not have enough time to finish so he said "I know! Lets reverse time and come up woth a posh name for it!"

Overall however great!!!!!! I defineitly reccommend it to anyone, Doctor Who experience or not!
on 7 August 2007
I really enjoyed this series of Doctor Who and thoroughly recommend it.

David Tennant has now made the role of the Doctor completely his own, this series is his tour de force, and the stories in this collection are all interesting and suspenseful with some reaching the level of epic and high drama at its best.

The special effects are marvellous, reaching a standard that almost allows them to be taken for granted while the musical score, never intrusive, is a delight in support of the action.

There are wonderful acting cameos, not least of all from Derek Jacobi and, of course, John Simm plays the pantomime villain with commendable verve.

The highlight, though, has to be the arrival of Freema Agyeman as the simply wonderful Martha, described quite rightly by one newspaper as "the star of the series". Martha is attractive, well-educated, intelligent, resourceful, sassy, brave and ultimately heroic and Agyeman achieves with ease the seemingly impossible transformation from star struck medical student to saviour of the planet in spell-binding fashion. This was a doubly difficult task for Agyeman to pull off. Her predecessor's popularity bordered on sainthood and the story theme of unrequited love Martha was saddled with did her character no favours at all. Agyeman, however, totally aced it from start to finish. Her acting was first class, not least of all given the high physical demands placed on her by the part, and her wide range of subtle facial expressions used to convey her feelings in the complex relationship she has with the Doctor were a joy. I cannot wait to see her reprising and developing the role further next year.

Agyeman has already won one award this year. On the strength of this performance, it will surely not be the last.

So, good stories, superb effects, magical music, captivating cameos and the exciting emergence of Freema Agyeman: all in all, "absolutely fantastic!"
on 7 September 2015
As I work my way through Series 1 to 4 on blu ray, I've just completed watching Series 3.

Picture quality is just as good as on Series 1 and 2. The upscaling works very effectively and as the image is less compressed than on DVD, the picture is overall sharper and far less noisy than the DVD. This will probably be more noticeable on larger screen sizes, say over 42 inch, than on smaller screens so it is worthwhile upgrade if you have a large screen TV. The colour balance is much better on these discs than the on the DVDs, in my view.

As on the previous Series, the sound mix is excellent! The DTS-MA HD 5.1 soundmix is very clear, well balanced (with good use of the rear effects channels) and the sound image is more focussed.

The extras are all ported over from the DVD set, including the "Blink" easter egg (which can be found on the trailers section if you're still looking for it).

The episodes are all presented in 1080p 24hz and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the pitch of the soundtrack. (My understanding, gleaned elesewhere, is that these discs were pitch corrected)

If you're a Who fan of the revived show then it is a nice treat for yourself to buy this set.
on 10 November 2014
Season 3 of Doctor Who continues the adventures of David Tennant as the Tenth Doctor. In the final episode of the previous season, a tragic turn of events separates the Doctor and Rose before he can admit his love for her. The new season finds the Doctor alone but he quickly takes on a new companion, the medical student Martha Jones (Freema Agyeman). Martha is a strong and confident character and she decides to travel with the Doctor because she wants to have great adventures, which is what what she gets.

This season features even more excellent stories than Season 2. The first of these is the season's first two-parter, consisting of Daleks in Manhattan and Evolution of the Daleks, in which the Doctor once again confronts his old enemies, the Daleks. This episode is very atmospheric as it takes place in New York at the time of the Great Depression. It presents the Doctor with a dilemma as his confrontation with the Daleks presents him with an opportunity that has never arisen before. The episode also features one of the first performances of the now well-known British actor Andrew Garfield (Never Let Me Go, The Amazing Spiderman) as a young man named Frank. The next 2-part story, which consists of Human Nature and The Family of Blood, is even better. The Doctor and Martha are being chased by a family of alien beings that wishes to consume the Doctor's life force in order to prevent its own death. In order to prevent this the Doctor turns himself human, which forces him to forget who he was, and transforms into a teacher at an independent school in England in 1913. He asks Martha to protect him but she is faced with a problem that she is not prepared for - what should she do if the Doctor falls in love? This story is followed by the standalone episode Blink, which is unanimously considered one of the greatest Doctor Who episodes of all time. It follows the adventures of the intrepid Sally Sparrow (Carrey Mulligan) who seeks to solve the mystery of the Weeping Angels, one of the most dangerous alien species introduced in the series. The Doctor and Martha play a minor but important role in this episode, which focuses on Sally who is an exciting character. The episode also includes one of the greatest dialogue exchanges in Doctor Who:

Kathy Nighingale: What did you come here for anyway?
Sally Sparrow: I love old things. They make me feel sad.
Kathy Nightingale: What's good about sad?
Sally Sparrow: It's happy for deep people.

The show's final story, which takes place in Utopia, The Sound of Drums and Last of the Time Lords, is even more epic and it features an epic struggle between the Doctor and a rogue Time Lord, the Master. In the first episode Martha and the Doctor are recharging the TARDIS in Cardiff and as they leave Captain Jack Harkness (John Barrowman) manages to latch on to the TARDIS and ends up with them billions of years into the future at the end of the universe. The three companions face a bleak future as humanity is struggling to escape to Utopia, where they believe that they will be safe. However, all is not as it seems and the greatest danger to humanity comes not from the carnivorous Futurekind but from someone closer to the Doctor. I don't want to reveal too much but I will mention that John Simms, who was absolutely brilliant as the detective Sam Tyler in Life on Mars, delivers a tremendous performance as the manic Master.

The rest of the Season 3 episodes are all rather good. In The Shakespeare Code the Doctor and Martha meet the famous Bard and they come to face to face with creatures from another world masquerading as witches. The episode plays with history as Martha becomes the inspiration for Shakespeare's Dark Lady. In Gridlock the Doctor is forced to engage in a frantic search for Martha in New New York after she is kidnapped and forced into a car that enters the neverending traffic on the city's highway. In this episode the Doctor also comes face to face with an important character from his past who reveals a great secret to him. In 42 the Doctor and Martha finds themselves on cargo ship hurtling towards the centre of a sun. A member of the crew is taken over by some strange creature that seems bent on destruction. However, there is more to this situation than meets the eye and the Doctor soon makes a startling discovery about the sun. The previous episode, The Lazarus Experiment, features Mark Gatiss as Professor Richard Lazarus who seems to have discovered a way to rejuvenate the human body. However, the Doctor is suspicious of his fellow scientists and soon that discovers that Lazarus has had to pay a terrible price for the return of his youth. Martha's family - her sister, brother and mother - also plays an important role in this episode and the interaction with them shows us that even early on Martha is committed to helping the Doctor. The first episode of the Season, Smith and Jones, is also rather good in introducing Martha and it features an interesting storyline in which the hospital that she works in is transported to the Moon. However, the antagonist in this story is not particularly threatening and the episode does not stand compared to the rest of the standalone stories of the season.

In short, Season 3 of Doctor Who is every bit as good as Season 2. In fact, it features even more exciting moments and build up to the best finale in the series. The Doctor's new companion, Martha Jones, is very likeable and easy to relate to, although it is annoying that she constantly pines after him and seems unwilling to accept the fact that he does not reciprocate her feelings. The return of Captain Jack Harkness is also very welcome but it is John Simm's playful performance as the Master that simply steals the spotlight. I find it difficult to criticise this season and can only recommend that you give it a go so that you can prepare yourselves for Season 4.
This a journey i continue to take, largely as a result of enjoying the enthusiastic reviews written by fellow 'Amazon' reviewer
'Timelord' 007' who i'd describe as an expert of the 'Doctor' series's from its early beginnings.(Worth Reading His Doctor reviews)
SERIES THREE -
Disc One - Episode One : - 'The Runaway Bride' (The Christmas Special)
Appropriatley 'Catherine Tate's' entrance to the Christmas Special has a comic beginning....
'Donna' is walking down the isle about to get married, suddenly she is wisked away, accidently of course, landing up in the 'Tardis'
'Who' are you, indeed.
Of course the Doctor is still saddened having had to go separate ways from his companion 'Rose' after his earlier adventure.
'Donna' is in a strange place but still wanting to get married, the Doctor trys to accomidate his unexpected guest, however the Tardis lands in the middle of a shopping center rather than at the Church, they have no cash for a Taxi, however the Doctor with his sonic 'wand' screwdriver extracts cash from a bank cash-point (I want one, would come in handy)
'Donna' is kidnapped by a Santa who turns out to be an alien robot, the Doctor gives chase in his Tardis.
Though 'Donna' is too late for her wedding she becomes embroiled in the Doctors latest adventure.........welcome to my web said
the spider to the fly ?
It seems Donna's prospective hubby is in cahoots with the alien being, a 'Racnoss' ...the Doctor and Donna escape.
Has the 'Doctor' strangely found himself a new companion, as he shows 'Donna' the very beginnings of Earth some 4.6 Billion years ago at which point the 'Racnoss' catches up with them.
'Donna' and her now once intended become caught up in the 'Racnoss's' web, are they about to become Christmas Lunch for the
Spider-like creature, can the Doctor save 'Donna' and 'Earth' itself ?
An episode in which the Doctor shows both his darker and more ruthless side....
9/10 (Enjoyed that one)
'MUSIC AND MONSTERS'
The second part of the disc shows the build up and snatches of the Doctor Who 'Children in Need' presentation held at the 'Millenium Center' in Cardiff , where the Show performs to an audience of 2000.
The presentation shows glimpses of many of the episodes from the series's created from 2005 onward, it gives a back-stage view
of the Concerts preparation's, an insight into the music for the series to date.
It shows some of what goes into the making of the Doctor Who shows, an introduction to some of his enemies, and his relationship with the friends he meets along the way including his special friendship with his once companion 'Rose'
This certainly worth taking time out to watch before putting in Disc Two.
Special Features -
* Freema's Tour of the Studio
* David's video-diary
* Series 3's Outtakes and deleted scenes
* Network Teaser Trailers
* Audio description for 'The Runaway Bride'
* Audio Navigation
More to Come -
Disc Two -
Episode Two - 'Smith and Jones'
The Tenth Doctor's travels continue, having failed to persuade 'Donna' to join him, he still travels without a companion, on Earth the Doctor seems to be crossing 'Medical Student' 'Martha Jones's' path frequently.
A peculiar storm is raging, the rain seems to be falling in an upward direction, Martha along with her colleagues along with the hospital
have been somehow transported to the moon.
The stranger she kept running into on Earth finally introduces himself as just the Doctor, her life is perhaps about to change forever,
Martha seems to have quite a grasp on extra-terrestrial occurrences, has the Doctor found his new companion.
On the Moon 3 gigantic space-craft land alongside the medical center, now on the Moon, it's the 'Cataloguing'
Can the Doctor with the help of Martha be able to save the Earthlings being catalogued by the Alien beings.
How can he return the Medical Center and occupants back to earth.
(Amazing what a radiation blast can do)
Has an Alien a 'Plasmavore' a blood sucking species killed the Doctor ? -The Plasmavore being is why the Cataloguing had landed on the Moon.
Before the Cataloguing had found her she'd set the radiation machinery to overload.
The 'Cataloguing' leave the Moon at great speed, 'Martha' has revived the Doctor who now sets out to reverse what they had caused in taking the Medical Center to the Moon .
8.5/10.
Episode Three - 'The Shakespeare Code'
The Doctor introduces 'Martha' to the Tardis, she has reservations but agrees to join him on a new adventure, not yet a committed Companion for the Doctor.
The Tardis takes them back to Elizabethan England in the late 16th century, they are close to
the 'Globe-Theatre' where 'William Shakespeare' premiers his works.
Evil is brewing, it appears that Witches are imposing their Will upon proceedings at the Theatre.
The 'lost' play 'Love Labour's Lost' has to be performed for the Witches spell to be cast.
The Doctor has little time to find out what's really going on, he and Martha start at 'Bedlam' where the Architect who'd designed the Theatre 'Peter' has been placed, he tells the Doctor of the Witches, when one appears the Doctor confronts her.
The Doctor identifies his new challenge, the Witches as the last of the 'Carrionites'
However the riddle is yet to be solved ahead of the new plays performance, it seems the Bard
cannot recall writing the closing passages of the play.
The Doctor believes if the closing passages are spoken the purpose and will of the Carrionites will be imposed.
The very future depends upon the Doctors actions, can he stop the words to be spoken ?.
(Well we now know how the play was lost)
This one will make you smile......8.8/10
Episode Four - 'Gridlock'
The Doctor offers Martha a further trip, she has still to decide whether or not she commits
herself as a companion, she's hoping for a trip to the stars, instead the travel way into the future, in fact the year is 'Five Billion and Forty Three, on new-earth in 'New-New York.
They find a city a strange and dangerous place, it seems as though the population are trapped
in an environment of darkness and fog.
'Martha' is captured and taken to the 'Motorway' from which nobody ever returns....there is an 'Alien' presence perhaps, lurking below..
The traffic moves in one direction, it takes years to travel just a few miles, the Doctor' hitches a lift, he's in pursuit of his kidnapped friend 'Martha'
There are tens of thousands of vehicles caught up in this creeping along gridlock, the Doctor will have to risk all to rescue 'Martha' who he'd promised to protect.
Where are the people driving too, what is the purpose, what lies below the fog.
Can the Doctor reach Martha in time and will the city be saved, an old friend is on hand to help the Doctor, a friend that will self-sacrifice to help (The Face of Boe)
An unusual, yet enjoyable adventure. 8.8/10
Special Disc Features -
* Network Trailer
* David's Video Diary
* Audio Navigation.
DISC THREE - Episode '5' - 'Daleks in Manhattan' (Part 1 of 2)
After their experiences way in the future in 'New New York' the Doctor and Martha go to New York during the recession of the
30's.
The tallest building in the World is close to completion, the work force are instructed to work at night to get the job finished, they are given three strange metal objects to attach to it's highest point, these are instructions given to the site manager by his ~ 'Dalek' Masters.
People are disappearing from the canvas homes of the needy, the Doctor with ''temporary' companion 'Martha' set out to investigate the happenings.
The Doctor meets up with strange beings early on, they have 'pig' heads, he will soon learn that they are in fact slaves of
the 'Daleks' - an enemy that should not still exist, but keep turning up in the Doctors life.
With 'Martha' taken by the slave-beings the Doctor is in pursuit.
What is the purpose of the Daleks presence in 1930 New York.
8.5/10
Episode '6' - 'Evolution of the Daleks' (Part 2 of 2)
The Daleks are attempting to evolve, is this the beginning of a new-era ?
The 'Doctor' escapes with 'Martha' - however, the 'Doctor' is of course the 'Daleks' most hated enemy, they, with the slaves
give pursuit.
The 'Doctor' it would appear is wanted alive, but for what purpose, survival of the race is the 'Daleks' sole priority.
'Martha' has to figure out why before being taken the 'Doctor' has hande her his famous 'Blank-Pass'
Paraded in front of the 'Dalek - leader, the Doctor is surprised to find that the now evolved 'Dalek' strangely appears to be
attempting to form an alliance with their sworn enemy, the Doctor.
However the three 'Daleks' that are still in their recognised form, over-rule their leader taking him into custody.
The strange metal objects the workmen were told to attach to the summit of the build are power-conductors, set to complete
the purpose of their presence.
The Doctor has to try and prevent them doing so before the 'Daleks' deploy the beginning of their ultimate plan, as always
the intention is to take over the World.
The Doctor knows if just one Dalek survives the threat will remain.
8.7/10
Episode '7' - 'The Lazarus Experiment'
The 'Doctor' takes 'Martha' home, surely this isn't the end of the line for his new companion ?
The parting of the ways is on hold, it appears there is a threat which needs the Doctors attention.
'Professor Lazarus' experiments could well threaten the safety of 'Martha's' family and perhaps beyond.
In front of an audience that includes the 'Doctor' the 76 year-old 'Richard Lazarus' is transformed to a younger version of
himself seemingly.
The experiment could well threaten mankind, the professor intends to market the product.
The 'Doctor' and 'Martha' set out to check the professor's project and the equipment, they soon realize there is a flaw in the process.
It becomes apparent the new-versions needs are indeed of a sinister nature, he's a threat to all humans he comes into contact with.
How can the Doctor stop what the professor has now become ?
The 'Doctor' will face the Monster one to one, the human hybrid must be stopped before more lives are lost.
8.8/10
Episode '8' - '42'
'Martha, has again joined the 'Doctor' for what will be a scary in-space experience, answering a distress call the 'Tardis' lands
them on a space-craft, there is of course a problem that has to be solved immediately if not sooner, the ship will collide with the
Sun in ...just 42 minutes.
This will stretch the 'Doctors' resilience and ingenuity to the limit, the ships engine has failed.
It seems one of the crew has sabotaged the ship, the crew have to trust the complete strangers they now have on board that are trying
to save the day.
Nothing is ever straightforward for the 'Doctor', the saboteur that was believed to be under sedation is on the loose, has there been
alien contact during the flight ?
Two crew members have already been vaporised by him, he's got to be stopped, not forgetting the craft is still hurtling toward the Sun,
with time quickly running out....fast.
One problem after another hampers the 'Doctors' attempts to save the day, 'Martha' and a crew member have been forced to seek safety in
the escape-pod after the saboteur had chased them, the capsule is ejected, can the 'Doctor' save his companion who in the capsule will
crash into the Sun ahead of the Craft.
The 'Doctor' in his efforts to save his companion now appears to be infected in the same way the Saboteur had, and yes, the Ship is still
on course to impact with the Sun.
An exciting and tense 'Doctor' adventure - 9/10
Features -
* Network Trailers
* Audio description
* Audio navigation
DISC FOUR -
EPISODE NINE - 'Human Nature' (part 1 of 2)

To avoid being found by his pursuer's 'The Doctor' and 'Martha' are now in 1913, the 'Doctor'
has undergone a procedure which has changed who he is, and what he can remember.
He is now 'John Smith' a teacher at a boarding school, 'Martha' has taken a post as a servant.
The 'John Smith' has dreams of adventure and travel, which, when he wakes up he doesn't,
understand and can't make sense of.
'Martha' of course knows, but has to keep it under wraps, until the time is right, meanwhile she
has to bide her time.
'John' has given his journal to the college nurse to read, which tells of his adventures as the 'Doctor'
right now believing them to be just stories he'd written, is romance in the air for 'John' ?
Strange lights are seen in the fields close to the college, the 'Doctor' may well be needed very soon.
The Watch that contains who he really is must not be lost, 'Martha' must tell the 'Doctor' to open
it, when the time is right, however it has fallen into the wrong hands, one of the young students
has opened it and i getting an insight into the 'Doctors' World.
The Aliens have taken-over some of the locals, students and farmers becoming visually their victims,
they are looking for the Timelord........Scarecrows are doing the Aliens bidding
How long will it take them to realize that 'John Smith' and 'The Doctor' are one of the same.
Can 'Martha' bring the 'Doctor' back in time to save the day ?
9/10
EPISODE TEN - 'The Family of Blood' (part 2 of two)

The 'Aliens' and those (The Scarecrows) doing their bidding have taken hostages at the 'Dance-Hall'
including 'Martha' however the 'Doctor' who as 'John Smith' was attending the dance with the
college Nurse 'Joan' remains the very human Teacher.
However, the World and 'Martha' need the Timelord back, 'Martha' has to find the 'Doctor's memory
and being which is locked inside the pocket-watch.
The Aliens start an all out assault on the College with their foot soldiers 'The Scarecrows' the students
are preparing to make a stand against the attackers......the battle begins.
The Aliens have found the 'Tardis' cutting off the 'Doctors' escape route, if he of course can remember anything
that is in his world reality.
The search for the Watch is becoming desperate, if the Doctor isn't returned to himself all is surely doomed.
'Martha' doesn't know the young student has the pocket-watch, thankfully the student comes to his senses having
realized the significance after all.......
The 'Doctor' is the only being that can stop the Aliens causing further mayhem on Earth.
This is a great two part 'Doctor' story - 9.1/10

EPISODE ELEVEN - 'BLINK'

There is something strange and indeed sinister about an abandoned house in 'London'
It seems the 'Doctor' visited the property in 1969 leaving a message for 'Sally Sparrow'
to read many years into the future.
'Sally' is spooked, she asks her friend 'Cathy' to see the message on the wall that had
been left for her to read.
A knock on the door, 'Sally' answers, the man has a letter addressed to 'Sally' how can
that possibly be ?
When she tries to tell her friend, 'Cathy' cannot be found, 'Cathy' now lives in 1920
onward, when reading the letter handed to her, she discovers that her friend turns out
to be her Great-Grandmother.....things are becoming less and less explainable.
'Sally' even believes the statues of 'Weeping-Angels' in the garden have moved.
'The Doctor' communicates with 'Sally' via DVD's on a TV screen, it seems the 'Doctor' and
indeed 'Martha' are trapped in the year 1969 which is 38 years ago, but, how can he
answer her questions, now ?
It seems the 'Tardis' is trapped in 'Sally's' time, leaving him unable to leave where he is now.
The Doctors 'Time-Machine' is wanted by the 'Weeping-Angels' but they are unable to get
inside.
A young man 'Billy' who 'Sally' meets is sent back also to 1969, where, he meets the 'Doctor'
who gives him a message to give to 'Sally' however, 'Billy' won't be able to pass it on until
38 years of his life has past, the now old and sick 'Billy' will do so when there paths cross in
2007.
The 'Doctor' via the TV screen asks 'Sally' to send the 'Tardis' back to him, she is told to beware
of 'The Weeping Angels' if she looks at them they will remain as Stone, if she 'Blinks' they will
move against her, the Angels are according to the 'Doctor' are age-old 'Aliens'
He needs 'Sally' to send the 'Tardis' to him, but remember, don't 'Blink' or even turn your back
upon the 'Angels' do so, and they will get you.........scary stuff - only the 'Doctor' can stop them.
Sometimes things happen that can never be explained ?
* Enjoyed every episode on disc four - 9/10.
Special Features -
* 'David's' written diary's for episodes - 4,5,6,7,8 & 9.
* 'David's' 'Weakest-Link' Diary
* Audio Navigation

EPISODE TWELVE - 'UTOPIA' (Part 1 of 3)
The 'Doctor and Martha' find themselves propelled by the 'Tardis' on the very edge of the Universe soon
finding they'd carried a passenger all the way, 'Captain Jack Harkness' who the Doctor had parted company
with several journeys ago.
The planet has hostiles, remaining Humankind live in a compound behind guarded fencing, the inhabitants
live in the hope of the 'Professor' taking them all to a mysterious planet they call 'Utopia'
The 'Doctor' and 'Jack' set out to help the professor solve the issues with the vessel that is supposed to take
the hopeful travellers.
It seems the 'Professor' has a 'watch' similar to the one 'Martha' knew from their earlier adventure, which
'Martha' notices, knowing the device had held the very being of who the 'Doctor' was.
Could it be that the 'Doctor' is not the last 'Timelord' after all ?
Once activated the 'Professor' he heads for the 'Tardis' on which he is reborn, he is 'The Master'
'The Master' takes the 'Tardis' leaving the 'Doctor' 'Martha' and 'Captain Jack' behind on the planet.
The Dreams of the planets Humankind obviously in pieces.
9/10
EPISODE THIRTEEN - 'THE SOUND OF DRUMS' (Part two of Three)
'Captain Jack' has his own limited 'Travel' device which hurtles 'The Doctor' 'Martha' and himself to 21st century
Earth only to find 'The Master' had replaced 'Harriet Jones' as Prime Minister, now calling himself 'Harold Saxon'
There has been an 18 month time lapse in the 'Doctors' journey, this being how long the 'Master' had time to
prepare his plot and rise to power.
The 'Doctor' and his Companions have to find a way of getting the better of 'The Master' (Saxon) and bring him down,
there is of course the matter of the missing 'Tardis' as well.
The 'Master' seems to have the power to influence and even control people, even 'Martha' seems to have signs if but
temporary ......it seems the reign of terror is about t o begin.
At 8.02 Earths first contact organised by 'The Master' will take place, the U.S President arrives in Britain to welcome
them, the 'Toclafane' Robotic Machines are on the way which the 'Master' intends will make him the World ruler.
Has the 'Doctor' got a plan to stop the rogue 'Timelord'
The Master orders the killing of the American President, he then captures 'The Doctor' adding 100 years to his age.
'Martha' escapes, How can 'The Master' and the 'Tolcafane' be prevented from destroying the Earth and Humankind
as we know it.
9.1/10.
EPISODE 13 - 'LAST OF THE TIME LORDS' (Part 3 of 3)
The 'Master's (Saxon) plans, one year on look in good shape, many on Earth have been enslaved serving the
'Master' and indeed the 'Toclafane'
The 'Doctor' remains disabled, 'Captain Jack' is a prisoner, among the 'Masters' servants on his flying fortress,
'Martha's' parents.
The Planet and indeed the Universe's future may well depend upon the 'Doctor's' faithful companion 'Martha'
who has spent the last year preparing the Worlds survivors for 'one-moment-in-time' yet to come.
Can 'Martha' and the volunteers steal a march on the 'Master's' plans ?
Can the 'Doctor' be restored to his former-self ?
Can the 'Tardis' that has been cannibalised by the 'Master' for his master-plan ever be restored to again become
'The Time Machine' it once was ?
These are all questions that the actions of 'Martha Jones' will determine, can she out-smart a 'Timelord' ?
9.7/10
A Brilliant 3-Part finally to the series.
Extras -
* 'David's' video diaries.
* Network Trailers
* Audio Navigation.
DISC SIX - Contains a vast array of additional material including interviews with cast and crew along with 'How the
Episodes were put together and the secrets behind the Special-Effects -plus more.
1212 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 15 March 2016
I am steadily working my way through the Dr Who box sets having started with Christopher Ecclestone in Series 1. I didn't realise just how much I had forgotten since I saw them originally & how many little clues there are throughout the series leading up to the climax. In this series Harold Saxon is mentioned briefly right from episode One.
In this series Martha Jones has joined the Dr as his companion. I have to say that she is my least favourite companion and seeing them again has not changed my opinion. As a character I find Martha a bit bland. She has a lot to live up to coming after Billie Piper who, after my initial misgivings made a great companion in Rose. Catherine Tate (Donna Noble) who has the Christmas special before this series and becomes the new companion afterwards, is also a companion with a great deal of character. Poor old Freema Agyeman is sandwiched in the middle & doesn't see her character developed properly. I also got a little sick of Martha being all lovelorn and soppy over the Dr. Note to the writers - we don't watch Dr Who for its romantic elements!
There are some great episodes in this series. I do like The Family with the walking scarecrows. The matron, Joan Redfern asks a very significant question of the Dr - Would these people have died if you hadn't come here? The Shakespeare episode is wonderful with plenty of amusing one liners. Ardal O'Hanlon as a cat has to be seen. It is nice to see Captain Jack and the Face of Boe back. The crowning glory of this series, however, is The Master. John Simm has got to be the best ever Master. He has the expressions and mannerisms which are slightly manic and enough to make you realise that this is a true madman & one who needs to be stepped around very carefully. He is truly wonderful as The Master and it is a great shame that he hasn't come back again and again in the role. Having said that, I do quite like Missy........
This is a series with some very strong episodes but also some weaker ones. Martha does improve as the series progresses but I don't feel she is ever as good as many of the companions, especially Catherine Tate as Donna Noble and Billie Piper as Rose. Despite my misgivings over Martha i ahve enjoyed revisiting this series and am looking forward to progressing onwards.
on 30 June 2007
It's taken him 3 series-but finally Russel T Davies has ressurected Doctor Who into something that resembles its original self.

Ok...Series one was good. Series two had some brilliant episodes and some terrible episodes.

But this series has been absolutley incredible! Not a single episode has been anything but brilliant. SO for this reason, I'm going to be as critical as possible, in order to give you an idea about each one.

1-Smith & Jones-After so long, it borught I smile to my face just to see his face again. This is probably one of the weakest stories in the series, but for obvious reasons. The general plot line was exactly breath-taking, but an epic story would have clouded the introduction of Martha Jones who beats Billie Piper by FAR. Despite this, the story is exciting and enjoyable. Definatly not one to be missed.

2-The Shakespeare Code-A very enjoyable story. The relationship between Martha and The Doctor begins to develop well and though the enemies are quite cliche, Shakespeare's involvement is both entising and hysterical on occasions. An interesting and original plot for Doctor Who. Again, not one of the best, but the seeds of the series are still growing and are WELL worth the wait!

3-Gridlock-An incredibly original storyline, this episode plays beautiful on the 'traffic jam' idea, being uncomfortably claustaphobic most of the way though. The return of the 'Face Of Bo' was hugely welcomed and after a second familiar face [an enemy from the Troughton years] are brought, the story dusn't seem like it could get much better. However it does-throughout the entire episode, the promise of Bo's ancient secret is ever lingering in the background. Untill the end. His final words to the Doctor sends shivers down my spine-even now. The first completely floorless episode of this series-its just getting warmed up!

4&5-Daleks Of Manhatten/Evolution Of The Daleks-It was refreshing to see The Dalek's involved in such an classic series style plan. If you are a fan of the original series-this story is definatly for you. The whole thing feels like the classic series-and brings all the best qualities of the new series. In my own personal opinion, the use of the Daleks in the series was a mistake, after being used twice in the first series and once in the last-they could of done with a break. Much of the fear they used to bring has been numbed by this point, which is a shame. But the Emporer Dalek keeps the old enemy exciting and unpredictable. The final scene of the first episode is breath taking. Infact the second episode even more so. Though this double episode, to some was the poorest part of Series 3, fans of the Classic Series will favour this above all.

6-The Lazerus Experiment-Again, this episode has an old-series feel to it in terms of storyline. Mark Gatiss is execellent throughout and the final moments made me cry-which does not happen regularly. Martha's family is brought into the story again which is needed by now and the ever ominous name 'Mr Saxon' comes into the main frame. Old fans of the show may be developing their own ideas about who this character is...I shall say no more for now.

7-42-Seen Sunshine? If so, imagine the storyline of that put into Doctor Who and you've pretty much got this episode sussed. Not to say its not good though, its fabulous. The villians, once again, feel like something from the Classic Series-stalkish and absoltuly terrifying. The entire episode is fast paced and involving and keeps you on the edge of your seat. The climax to the story is slightly disapointing and to be brutally honest, weve seen ot all before. But that dusn't really matter when the episode is this enjoyable and tense. Not the greatest, but very fun. It was nice to see the Doctor in space again. This episode will be enjoyed most of all by fans of 'The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit from Series 2.

8&9-Human Nature/The Family Of Blood-Originally a book written at the time of Sylvester McCoy. This story is the first to create an huge passing of time especially in the eyes of Martha. This story is brilliant-absolutly brilliant. The lead villian, played by a young man of only 18, is incredibly creepy-just look at his eyes! The main enemy creatures in the story are terrifying aswell! One of the few storys in Doctor Who that needed a double episode and got one. Everyone I have spoken to about this episode has said the climax to the story made them cry...including myself I'm sad to say. Infact the entire story has a beautiful metaphor behind it, based the year before World War 1 begun. This story shows the Doctor in a light which has never been shown and probably never will be again.

10-Blink-If I told you Doctor Who could scare you senseless, would you believe me? I'd probably slap me for saying it. But they did it. From the very beginning of the episode, you know this won't be any old story. The last time they tried to do an episode from an outside character's point of view, it was 'Love & Monsters' in Series 2, which most Doctor Who would deny ever existing. But this one is incredble. The enemies of the story are horrible, absolutly horrible. This story made me scream twice...actually scream. A timeless Who Episode you will NEVER forget...just don't blink!

11-Utopia-The first small boulders begin to fall, and slowly, very slowly I become aware that a great avalanche is near. This episode is perfect-I say perfect because no other word I think of does it justice. DEREK JACOBI! Do you need anything more in an episode??? Well guess what-you get CAPTAIN JACK back again-and about time to! This episode begins literally straight from the ending of Torchwood's first series and see's Jack running for his life towards the TARDIS. My main criticism of this story is the underplaying of the creatures-the cannabalistic, sabour-toothed humanoids, covered in tatoos and pearcings-they are only really used twice in the whole story. But does it really matter? Not when the rest of the story is breath taking. Jacobi is timeless, and the return of Jack brough equal smiles all round. BUT THE CLIMAX. Classic fans of the show crossed their fingers for the awaited return of The Doctor's greatest nemesis-and it boy did it happen! The plot twist is jaw dropping-it literally had me shouting at the television. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined Derek Jacobi-one the England's greatest actors on the greatest show ever made-uttering the words that every fan was dying to hear:

"I...am...The Master!"

And so the avalanche begins.

12&13-The Sound Of Drums/Last Of The Time Lords-Never in my opinion has a double episode in the new series of Doctor Who successfully climaxed the tension its first episode had created. This was the first. The desperation is dragged throughout the story and the viewer really can't begin to imagine how the Doctor [or rather Martha] will ever solve the situation. So many questions are built up in the series and all are answered, much to the viewer's satisfaction. John Simm is perfect as The Master, he brings something new and fearful to the character. He truely is the perfect match for David Tennant's Doctor. Just so we don't get to involved with new character's, Tennant's acting is beautiful in this story, bringing tears to the eyes of Who fans worldwide. Martha's character is once again developed well and the second great passing of time in the series is introduced.

The final moments are the story are greatly upsetting. Captain Jack says his goodbye's and gives away possibly the most shocking story twist in all of the show's history. Not only that, but smiles develop as it becomes of obvious a Torchwood Series 2 is on the cards!

Martha's departure is unexpected-deeply upsetting and yet, somehow appreciated. Her character has been developed beautifully throughout the series and we have come to love her as much as The Doctor has. Though her goodbyes bring tears to our eyes, we are lead to believe she will return, and lets hope she does!

And once again, the Series ends with a confusing and hilarious ending. A great crash in the TARDIS sends the Doctor flying to the floor. Picking himself up again-the Doctor finds the front of a giant boat sticking into the TARDIS. Picking up the rubber ring which has fallen off the Doctor's confusion increases.......THE TITANIC?!

This series has been amazing, and to be honest, my Saturdays will never be the same again...well, not untill Series 4 begins! But for now...the pre-order is on the cards, and I urge you to do the same! I hope this review has been useful to you, whether it has been to recall the fantastic series which it has been, or to find out whether it's worth adding to your DVD collection, if the latter-THE ANSWER IS YES!!!

Bye bye Doctor, we'll see you at Christmas! x