- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
Doctor Who - The Collection - Season 18
|Additional Blu-ray options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
(Mar 18, 2019)
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Re-discover seven classic adventures from Tom Baker’s final year as the much-loved Fourth Doctor. In these twenty nine episodes, the Doctor and his companions encounter the Foamasi, Meglos, the Marshmen, vampires and Tharils, building to a final deadly showdown between the Doctor and his arch nemesis the Master.
Each episode has been brilliantly restored for Blu-ray and comes with in-depth special features, both old and new.
Build your own archive of classic Doctor Who seasons with this eight-disc special 'limited edition packaging' box set.
Hours of extensive special features previously released on DVD
Brand New Bonus Features
• A new Making-Of documentary and updated special effects for Logopolis
• Revealing new 2019 commentaries moderated by Matthew Sweet (Tom Baker on The Leisure Hive, Lalla Ward & Rachel Davies on State Of Decay), surround sound mix for Warriors’ Gate
• Rare behind-the-scenes footage from The Leisure Hive, Full Circle and Logopolis
• Eight more editions of Behind The Sofa
• Brand new documentaries The Writers Room and Weekend With Waterhouse
• A new interview with K9 & Company’s Ian Sears
• Another dip into the Panopticon convention archives with Tom Baker
• HD photo galleries plus scripts, production files and rare documentation provided as PDFs
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Simple really. Access to a much bigger source of material, making it much easier to gather up a load of extras and `wack out` a boxset quickly, without too much of a problem.
Poor Tom looks worn out, and once the lovely Lalla Ward departs into E-Space taking her beloved K9 with her, the companions dilemma really hits the decks and only succeeds in aggravating the situation.
It`s the end but the moment has been prepared for` Tom utters, as he regenerates. It was the end. Doctor Who would never be the same again, as it lumbered through the 80s, dying a slow death.
Worth buying for Tom Baker alone who just about carrys it off, but this is a poor season, and one can only hope that the wait is not too long for Toms earlier and far far superior seasons to appear on the Blu Ray Boxset range. 13 and 14 are the magic numbers!
Here's what i know so far...
Firstly, Tom Baker's final episodes were, in my, and many opinions, not the best...but the chance to own on Blu Ray? Hey, let's go for it!
The Blu ray picture is NOT much better, if better at all, than the DVDs
The extras are not great (many are repeated from the DVDs)
However....this is worth buying alone for the hilarious "Behind The Sofa" features...
Tom Baker is fantastic,he's on top form, accompanied by June Hudson (costume designer) and John Leeson (K9 voice) Janet Fielding gets bitchy with the fantastic Wendy Padbury....Meow!!...
Sarah Sutton tries hard not to laugh!
Worth buying? Yes!