- Amazon Family members enjoy 20% off every delivery of nappies. Join today to get your discount, as well as a free trial of Amazon Prime and access to exclusive offers and discounts.
The TARDIS materialises inside an Aztec tomb. Outside it, the Doctor and his companions soon discover that Mexico in the 15th century is a bloodthirsty and dangerous place…
And with Barbara mistaken for a reincarnation of an ancient high priest called Yetaxa, the history teacher thinks that she can put an end to the barbaric human sacrifices once and for all. But can she rewrite history without disastrous consequences?
· Commentary with William Russell (Ian Chesterton) and Carole Ann Ford (Susan Foreman), and producer Verity Lambert.
· Remembering The Aztecs Actors John Ringham, Ian Cullen and Walter Randall recall the production of the story.
· Designing the Aztecs Designer Barry Newbery talks about his work.
· Cortez and Montezuma An extract from a 1970 Blue Peter.
· Restoring The Aztecs A short feature demonstrating this release’s restoration.
· Making Cocoa An animated guide to making cocoa the Aztec way.
· TARDIS-Cam no. 3 The third of BBCi’s TARDIS-Cam shorts.
· Optional Arabic soundtrack For episode four only.
· Intro Sequences Specially recorded introductions to each episode
· Galaxy 4 A reconstruction of the missing story Galaxy 4, using off-screen stills, audio recordings and animation plus the recently recovered complete episode three.
· Chronicle – The Realms of Gold John Julius Norwich’s 1969 retelling of the story of the Spanish conquest of Mexico and the Aztecs.
· Dr Forever! – Celestial Toyroom The first of a new five-part series looks at Doctor Who toys.
· It’s a Square World The very first Doctor Who skit.
· A Whole Scene Going An interview with director Gordon Flemyng and a behind-the-scenes look at filming of his film Daleks – Invasion Earth: 2150 AD.
· Radio Times Listings (DVD-ROM)
· Easter Egg
· Coming Soon Trailer
· Digitally Remastered Picture and Sound Quality