- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Also check our best rated Box Set reviews
Doctor Who: The 4th Doctor Time Capsule [DVD]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Limited to just 5000, this deluxe box set celebrates one of the most loved Doctors, Tom Baker. Featuring: Exclusive content and memorabilia, beautifully packaged in an individually numbered bespoke Time Capsule. Includes exclusive contributions from Tom Baker himself and an exclusive action figure. Also includes: Exclusive interview with Tom Baker; Letter from Tom Baker introducing the set; Exclusive Tom Baker action figure; Advance DVD release of restored story ‘Terror of the Zygons’ with exclusive artwork; Audiobook and novel with exclusive artwork; Memorabilia art cards and photographic print
Top Customer Reviews
Now the intro/disclamer is out of the way I'll look at what the set includes point by point and mention the good and bad on each point:
* Time Capsule case - this is a good, sturdy container that seals via a magnetic strip. It holds its contents in foam molding that is stuck into the case firmly. Looks very well, perhaps a bit large and bulky to fit easy on a shelf but otherwise top marks for presentation.
* 2 DVDs and 1 CD - Terror of the Zygons (vanilla release), Interview With The Timelord (30 minute interview with Tom Baker)and Genesis of the Daleks on CD. Again Terror will be released with all the extras later in the year but it is nice to be able to view it on DVD at last. The interview with Tom is also good, however I feel there was a missed opportunity to add more. Perhaps they could have included The Tom Baker Years (only available as a double VHS set up to now)as it was an interesting look at him viewing clips from each episode he was in, then seeing his reactions and hearing stories he recalled from on set. As it is, 30 minutes is not enough for fans wanting to know more and at the price of this set extra interview footage would have been much appreciated.Read more ›
If I was a DVD collector I would drop at least 1-start down on my review. The copy of Zygons is OK, but the main release is better and then that will at least sit alongside your DVD collection. Same would apply for book or audio collectors
If you are a toy collector (as I am) then 3-stars reflects the exclusive Regeneration doctor which is a lovely little figure. Not quite work the original £60+ RRP - but completists like myself would need this figure and it comes with all the other bumf which can be sold or become part of the collection.
You also get the sonic toy - it's no replica but looks nice in a case.
I do love the box, the artwork and the letter from Tom - would look nice all framed up appropriately.
£60 no, I paid £35 and was happy - possible future price is never clear, but 10 years from now who knows
The figure - This is simply a mash up of 2 previously released figures. They took the body from a 3rd Doctor figure and the head from a 4th Doctor figure.
Also, the figure is totally incongruous with the DVD. The figure is from the 3rd Doctor Story's 'Planet of the Spiders' and briefly 'Robot' - the 4th Doctor.
If they had re-tooled a totally unique figure for this set perhaps the Scottish beret outfit Tom baker wore in the included DVD 'Terror Of The Zygons', THEN it would have been good value.
The DVD - No special features, SF have become standard on most Doctor Who DVD releases now. This is just a clever ploy to not try and grab sales from the standard DVD which is being released in September.
The Sonic Screwdriver - While this may look the part it has one major flaw...the sound chip is completely wrong. They used the sound of the new series sonic screwdriver and not a sample of the classic 4th Doctor screwdriver. That's like having a talking Tom baker figure with a David Tennant voice. Very poor.
The rest of the contents - while it's nice to have them they are not really worth the current price tag.
Vote with your wallets and demand more.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
At first i was quiet reluctant to buy this item because of the price, however when it went on black friday deals i quickly snapped the item up. Read morePublished on 11 Jan. 2014 by Scott H
Although this product is quite expensive (at the regular price), I was lucky enough to get it at a discount during the Christmas period. Read morePublished on 5 Jan. 2014 by andy
I would recommend this dvd to all doctor who fans. It is an excellent buy, the cover is really exciting to look at and is very well put together.Published on 17 Nov. 2013 by maureen cochrane
Look at the contents! There's a lot to see. The unique action figure is what originally attracted me, but there is so much else in the box I was amazed. Read morePublished on 24 Oct. 2013 by J. Palmer