Gear4 Halo 3 Alarm Clock Docking Station with Lightning Connector and EU/UK Plug Compatible with iPhone 5/5S/5C, iPod Touch 5th Generation and iPod Nano 7th Generation - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Dual drivers and a passive radiator for great quality audio with enhanced bass response
- Charges iPod and iPhone with Lightning connector
- 12 / 24 hour clock with alarm and snooze control
- Dimmable LED display
- FM radio with presets
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The brand new AlarmDock Halo 3 from GEAR4 is the first ever app-enhanced alarm clock radio for your iPod touch (5th generation) and iPhone 5. The sleek design and small footprint means Halo 3 sits comfortably on the smallest of bedside tables, making it the perfect bedside companion. The AlarmDock Halo 3 features a Lightning connector making it compatible with the new iPod touch and iPhone 5, beautifully enhanced dimmable LCD display designed for visibility (while not keeping you awake at night) and a 12 / 24 hour alarm clock. Choose to wake up to stored alarms, a wide range of customisable alarm sounds from the free app, FM radio or music from your iPod, and if time allows, ‘choose to snooze’ thanks to the inclusion of an easy-reach snooze button. AlarmDock Halo 3 can work in conjunction with a free app that offers added functionality and features; Setting the time and your wake-up alarm has never been easier thanks to Halo 3’s auto-sync time and alarms feature. Wake up refreshed and alert thanks to a wide range of customizable alarm sounds and be prepared for any eventuality, come rain or shine, with Halo 3’s animated weather. Auto-scan and save your favourite FM Radio stations and select your chosen station from the station logo at the touch of a button or use the multi-source in-app media player to build combined playlists using tracks from your iTunes, Spotify account or network music. With all your music accessible from one place there’s no need to switch between your music sources.
AlarmDock Halo 3
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
The picture shows that the iPhone would sit below the clock display, this is not actually the case, the iPhone obscures the display when it is in the dock. It could be just me but I wanted to be able to turn over in the night and see the time without having to lift my head so I sent this item back.
I could really do with one that projects also. There are no apps to support this model either and GEAR 4 do not answer emails. I have had to search itunes for alternative apps that again aren't made for this model but are sufficient, therefore it doesn't do everything it says it does. Don't have too much expectation from this product - I was expecting brilliant things but I'm quite disappointed.
1. Buttons too stiff and uneven in the housing. May seem like a small thing, but Sony's similarly priced item has good solid buttons which sit beautifully in the housing and don't require real force to push them. They click very nicely without seeming loose. The Gear4's are far to stiff and uneven and that makes it feel very shoddy.
2. lack of user control - when using the iPhone's alarm, you can't change the volume of the unit. I think it's set by the volume of the iPhone, but for the life of me, I cant' work out how to adjust it - and I'm GOOD with tech.
3. More lack of user control - when you plug the iPhone in, it automatically adjusts the time to the iPhone's clock. Very good feature, except if, like me, you want to set your the clock ten minutes fast.
4. Yet more lack of user control - if you use the Gear4 app, you can only select the tones that they provide and they are all of the 'let's wake you up gently with morning sounds' variety. That doesn't work for me - I need a buzzer or an alarm. That leads onto
5. Buzzer sound is horrible. It sounds like some weird sci-fi klaxon. Being a die-hard sci-fi fan, you'd think I'd enjoy that. Maybe in a film, but not when I want to wake up in the morning.
6. Just so annoying - if you don't want to use the iPhone alarm and you want to use the buzzer instead, you have to set the alarms before plugging your phone in. If you plug the phone in, you can't then set the unit's alarm.
7. Setting the alarm - a very basic feature: hold down the button to skip through the numbers quickly.Read more ›
Gear's response was they can't test every case, which is fair enough but you would have thought they would have tried the genuine Apple store ones first. why not include a drawing of the cutaway required for a case to dock, then you could check it against the case you have.
There is a second issue the base of the gear when at the same height as my mattress top, when iPhone docked and I am laying on my side using 1 pillow only the top 1/3 of the halo display can be seen. So you have to guess the time or lift your head. This may not seem a big deal but for someone like me with spinal issues raising head can be painful. I wonder if the height from base of dock to halo display has been increased from iPhone 4 models as this was a shorter and would not have this issue.
The rest of the Halo seems to be ok but having said that didn't buy it to listen to music from iPhone or radio so didn't go to deeply into that.
I was able to return it to Amazon and replace it with the AZATOM Home Hub which worked with a case when set up as iPad or just remove to rubber pads as a previous reviewer had discovered.
The clock display on this is in the base below where the iPhone docks so solves this issue too. It does not have the app for setting the time and alarms from iPhone so its all down to personal preferences in the end.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
DOΝ't BUY THIS PRODUCT. Because the app that links your phone to the Gear4 halo 3 is no longer available from the Apples App Store this product is useless. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Bob haslett
No worth the money. Looks great - but when my iPhone is synchronised to the dock and the alarm comes on in the morning it is 0. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Potsae
Very poor quality. When I put my iphone 5 on the docking station it covered up the clock display so I was unable to see the time clearly. Read morePublished on 20 Feb. 2014 by MRS V L WELCH
Look for similar items by category
- Electronics & Photo > Portable Sound & Vision > Accessories > MP3 Player Accessories > Cases & Skin Covers
- Electronics & Photo > Portable Sound & Vision > Accessories > MP3 Player Accessories > Chargers & Charger Docks
- Electronics & Photo > Portable Sound & Vision > Accessories > MP3 Player Accessories > Speaker & Radio Docks