Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit
Customer Discussions > Warhawk - Game Only (PS3) forum

Do I really need to use the headset?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Sep 2007, 16:56:17 BST
Hi there, I don't mean to sound sad but I really don't like using headsets when playing games, I've been told by many that this is a must have game and I'm really keen to play it (I would download it from PSN), but do you have to play this game with a headset or can you just play without?

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Sep 2007, 14:23:11 BST
I've not, mainly because I don't have one.

Of course its handy for CTF or Zone games where you suddenly need to scream out:

"I NEED AIR SUPPORT!"

or

"THEY ARE IN OUR HOME BASE!"

etc.

But you can get on without it. The only instance where I really wish I had a headset is for when I jump into a warhawk, only for the pilot to aimlessly fly about in a PARTICULARLY hopeless manner. Being able to scream out "for christs sake land and let me out to cap the zones!" would be a bonus here.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Oct 2007, 15:52:24 BST
Gaz says:
can 2 get in the warhawk??? I have a headset an to be honest it doesnt seem to improve the game...only once have I managed to chat an team up managing to capture a zone once while the gunner watched over me...I think it really helps the clans and good players ( I suck but luv it...I die 20 times but the 4 or 5 kills I get give me a rush each time ;-) )

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Oct 2007, 10:04:09 BST
Yeah. Warhawks can have co pilots. I don't know whether or not hammering Square lets the other person know if you want to get out. Its interesting to get in, just to see how AWFUL some other pilots are. But I can see its useful for transporting people to zones on the arcipelago level at the beginning.

Don't forget, you can also download the manual online for people who have grabbed it off PSN. Places like avforums have threads dedicated to Warhawk too.

I can see mic being good for CTF. Like on Eucadia. The teams always mine the flags heavily. So by co-ordinating with a jeep going for the flag, you could use the binoculars to clear the area of mines, they whip in and grab the flag, drive away and you provide covering fire for the flagmen.

Love the game. Really have the hang of it on all modes now.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Oct 2007, 13:29:51 BST
Gaz says:
its bloody great aint it...I still suck though...suck greatly when in a warhawk...but I dont mind dying half a dozen times as the satisfaction from a kill keeps me going...creepin up behind someone as they crouch at a zone marker an knifing them is great fun ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Mar 2008, 12:36:53 BST
Julie says:
you can play without :)

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jul 2008, 21:23:27 BST
M. Bradbury says:
I love the game with a headset, its so much fun being able to coordinate your attacks with your mates. i think the headset adds alot to the game.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Aug 2008, 01:46:04 BST
G. Saunders says:
i have a very good phone bluetooth headset and i used that and i can hear other people speaking and can spk myself but there is a really delayed echo of my voice which sounds very strange i didnt know you had to press l3 i will try that and maybe fiddle with the settings again, personally i love the game without the headset but understand communication would be usefull sometimes. the jeeps have a horn so if you want some1 2 get in with you you just honk! also guys were starting an amazon warhawk clan its called AMZN please join all ranks welcome!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  22 Sep 2007
Latest post:  25 Aug 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
Warhawk - Game Only (PS3)
Warhawk - Game Only (PS3) by Sony (PlayStation 3)
4.4 out of 5 stars (67)