Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit

Do I need to play COD b4 MW????????

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Feb 2010, 20:57:52 GMT
Daniel Jones says:
I've never played this type of game BELIEVE IT OR NOT. But I now hear the calling!!! please help! Do I need my education/training playing the older games or can I start here?!

Posted on 9 Feb 2010, 00:00:24 GMT
Wang Chin says:
Just get Modern Warfare 2, it's the best COD game.

Posted on 9 Feb 2010, 17:56:31 GMT
I would say get the first Modern Warfare so it fills you in with the story ;)

Posted on 9 Feb 2010, 19:35:42 GMT
M. Koudou says:
The story doesn't really affect you all you need to know is two charecters from the old game: Soap and Price. Otherwise just buy modern warfare two

Source: ME ! (I have 'em both.)

Posted on 10 Feb 2010, 13:06:54 GMT
DaytonaX says:
I was new to MW2 too. I've had no need to buy any of the others COD games - but since completing the story (which must mean the game was easy, cos I'm rubbish at this sort of thing) I've been multiplaying online - so less interested in the story anyway. If anything I'm thinking about MAG or Battlefield Bad Company 2

Posted on 19 Feb 2010, 21:47:52 GMT
Daniel Jones says:
Thanks guys, so far i've not stepped up to the challenge, but its still on the cards. Any advice is very welcome. I'm thinking to get COD4MW then progress from there, as like DaytonaX i'm new to this sort of game, and really want to play online. Thanks again

Posted on 20 Feb 2010, 12:10:44 GMT
There isn't a connecting plot between the Call of Duty games and only a very weak link between Modern Warfare 1 and 2. The first Call of Duty and COD4 are probably the best games in the series but the first game probably doesn't hold up too well today. If you want to try it you can find it for PC or get Call of Duty Classic on PSN or XBLA.

As far as the recent games are concerned the single-player is much better in COD4 than World at War or Modern Warfare 2. And I even think the multiplayer is better than MW2 (better maps, less of a constant barrage of killstreaks, 1st person 1v1 cage matches) but I'm not sure how many people still play it and the graphics look pretty dated.

Posted on 23 Feb 2010, 18:24:58 GMT
L. Smith says:
No you dont mate. Theres no connection between both games. COD4 is the easiest and the best game to get into quickly. MW2 has a lot of problems, although it is fun. Its a lot more difficult (the crap maps dont help!)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  4 Feb 2010
Latest post:  23 Feb 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about