- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: Green Books (31 Aug. 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1900322862
- ISBN-13: 978-1900322867
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 1.3 x 24.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (8 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 235,716 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Do We Need Pandas?: The Uncomfortable Truth About Biodiversity Paperback – 31 Aug 2010
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
It's about time someone wrote a genuinely readable book about biodiversity. Thanks goodness for Ken Thompson, who has done it with a rare mixture of biological mastery, good common sense and writer's flair. Essential reading. --Mark Carwardine, BBC zoologist
Plain-talking and thought-provoking, at times controversial, Ken Thompson's take on biodiversity doesn't leave you the option of remaining neutral about one of the most important issues of the 21st century. --John Spicer, Professor of Marine Biology and author of Biodiversity: a beginner's guide.
About the Author
Dr Ken Thompson recently retired as Senior Research Fellow and Honorary Senior Lecturer of the Department of Animal and Plant Sciences at the University of Sheffield. He is the author of several books, including The Book of Weeds, An Ear to the Ground: Understanding your garden and No Nettles Required: The reassuring truth about wildlife gardening, and co-author of The Ecology of Seeds.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a factual and reliable account on what is currently happening to our environment, or better, our 'life support system'. Most of all, 'Do we need Pandas?' should be a must-read for all politicians and billionaires.
Not to many pictures, lol.. Seriously really good book with loads of usefull information. I feel this book deserved 10 x more publicity than its getting. Everybody should read it, and learn from it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A fascinating and thought-provoking read that provides plenty of readable information coupled with interesting arguments about the best ways to save biodiversity. Read morePublished 19 months ago by GB
Well written. Clear and concise. Ought to be mandatory reading matter for any eco-policy maker.Published 22 months ago by Moley
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Genetics
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Genetics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Genetics