Customer reviews

1,190
Django Unchained (Blu-ray) [2013] [Region Free]
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 22 October 2017
I don't know which is higher- the body count or the use of the naughty, derogatory "N" word. At 2 hours 45 min, this is a long, entertaining movie.

Mild criticism- Tarantino is unique and talented, but to be fair, he's a satire action filmmaker. For example, it takes a lot more to be Sergio Leone (Spaghetti Westerns) since he (Leone) created his own unique film-making style. Tarantino is a master of eclecticism, not originality.

7/10
Dr. King Schultz: How do you like the bounty hunting business?
Django: Kill white people and get paid for it? What's not to like?
on 12 October 2017
The movie is much too long for its simple plot and - in spite of the occasional violence - more boring than exciting. it is also hamstrung by episodes that are meant to be comical but aren't. ( The masks episode is notorious. It is so silly that it would have made children giggle if they had been allowed to watch the movie. Maybe Tarantino should do a Smurf movie.) Django Unchained would probably have been a better film if it had been an hour shorter.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 6 October 2017
Really entertaining, gripping film with twists and turns and great characters and non-stop action. I have to say, for me once the bounty hunter was no longer in the film it wasn't as good because he was such a great character. The body-count is hilariously high, there aren't many left standing at the end. I could watch this again, although it's not really the kind of film I usually watch I'm glad I gave it a go.
on 26 July 2015
This film is 2 3/4 hours of pure brilliance from Tarantino and all the actors. Best film I have seen for ages.Christopher Waltz and Jamie Foxx worked so well together and made a totally believable partnership, Leonardo DiCaprio was brilliant, but Samuel L Jackson's portrayal of the butler was one of the best performances I have ever seen. It's strange but I thought the mix of comedic moments worked well with all the violence. I loved the ending.
on 17 November 2017
Not what I expected. Half the time I couldnt understand what was being said. I was constantly wondering ehrther or not there shoulkd be subtitles. Not a goos film to watch.
on 22 September 2017
We have watched this film approximately 10 times and still enjoy it, It is a brilliant film typical Tarrantino don't think we will ever get bored with it.
on 21 September 2017
A FANTASTIC film and its graphic violence is appropriate considering the horror of the subject matter i.e. the violence towards African Americans.
on 29 October 2017
Very entertaining, wouldn't be everyones cup of tea but i like a bit of tarantino!
on 27 October 2017
Great movie. Had to add it to our collection.
on 8 September 2017
One of the best films I have seen for a long time,powerful,emotive,funny Tarantino at his gritty best