on 15 September 2014
Excellent value for money, this has been very helpful.
on 20 March 2013
Excellent book
Easy to read and understand with
No legal jargon
Would definitely recommend it to anybody in the initial stages of wondering which road to go down
on 24 February 2013
Very useful practical guidance how to get your head around a divorce,although it didn't answer my questions on a forthcoming court hearing when one party defends the divorce and the case goes for a full trial for a decree nisi to be granted.
on 21 April 2013
This book is an excellently clear and unfailingly humane analysis of the process and pitfall of divorce. It warns about areas which are too easily overlooked, at great cost!
on 1 October 2014
I've bought a few books on divorce - all have been helpful to a degree - but the best thing about this one is the price. It's a no-brainer. It's cheap and inside there are lots of little nuggets which you are sure to find useful. Now is our Time also helped me move on and show that things can always get better.
on 22 June 2013
By chance I was reading a Sunday magazine when I came across Marilyn Stowe's very short article in amongst several other people's views on "Marital Coercion", this is where I noticed Marilyn refer to her book "Divorce & Splitting Up".

At the time I was in a terrible state as my husband of 22 years had left me about
4 week previously. I was in shock & devastated. I couldn't think straight at all and I didn't know what to do.

I downloaded a copy of the book onto my Kindle and I have to say that this book has been a real inspiration to me, not only has it helped me to come to terms with what has happened to me, it has also put things into focus about people's behaviour through the "Case Studies" with good common sense and in plain English. If you should decide, like I have, to divorce your partner, it guides you through all the steps you should. This is why is has been very helpful to me as I did not know how to go about getting a divorce.

I have also been very lucky to have received a signed copy of Marilyn's paper backed book which I carry around with me everywhere, which means I have been able to show the book to all my family & friends. Two people have since purchased the book to help them with their own difficult personal problems.

I shall always be very grateful to Marilyn and will treasure my signed copy which I am constantly referring to as I go through my divorce.

Thank God for the Suffragettes who campaigned for women's rights as we have a truly reliable women in Marilyn as her skills in Family Law have helped many people during their most difficult times.

It's a must have, if you are like me and also a lot of other women, "the wife is always the last to know!"
on 19 September 2013
This is an interesting and useful book with good advice if you are considering ending your marriage. Its best to have all the information before you decide the best action and this book gives it all.
on 5 April 2014
I gave this book a '5' because it is such a comprehensive treatment of the subject. It deals with each aspect of divorce or separation clearly. I can recommend it to anyone contemplating such a serious lifetime choice, who has the inevitable questions which arise regarding family, money, and property, to name just three areas.
on 7 March 2014
This book was ok, but not very useful if you or your partner have assets under £200k... Not sure I would recommend it... It's really designed for people who have a lot of assets or high income.. Seems a sales tool for the solicitor firm...
on 26 December 2015
A good book best perhaps for those preparing to split up as opposed to those already in the process. Nevertheless, worth buying for the price. Some excellent tips and advice, accompanied with relevant case studies.