Customer reviews

Distant Suns - The Journey Home
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.46

on 18 August 2014
I really enjoyed the story, some quite thought provoking stuff about how we will react when we eventually meet alien life and quite how mercenary we are as a species.
on 22 April 2014
This book reminded me a little of the 'Rama' series by Arthur C Clarke. Some of the bits regarding the breakdown of society were a little unrealistic, I think in reality that technology and society would break down far sooner than indicated. At one point near the end, with most people dying or dead from heat and lack of water, it seemed that the phone network was still working. In reality I'm sure all infrastructure would have failed long before with no one to maintain it. I like the idea of an Alien species rendezvous and sharing of technology. The end leaves scope for a further book, which I hope gets written.
on 6 October 2013
To be truthful, I thought I was reading maybe the second part of a scifi trilogy here (does this follow her earlier novel 'Distant Suns'? because I have not read that). 95% of this book had me rivetted, but the author obviously didn't know where to go with it, resulting in a very abrupt and disappointing ending.

The story centres around a disaster of magnitude, how it affects the world and the measures mankind takes to ensure its survival. With the end of the world nigh, 1500 people are chosen to board a starship that will take 4000 years to reach a habitable planet. Another large group are planning to survive in an underground bunker. Read on - I won't spoil the story, but would urge the author to rewrite the ending of this book, and then write a sequel which encompasses and expands the ideas in the final chapter.
on 9 March 2015
I thought the first one was excellent this was even better, continuing on from the first but different problems and issues well written and a believable storyline makes this a must read just wish there was more bt this author
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 April 2014
Good read, I have been reading science fiction now for 50 years and I never tire reading the genre. This book let's in a slither of light into the life of a SF reader.
on 20 August 2014
I really enjoyed this book, there are so many SF stories out there about wars etc., thank goodness this was not one of them.
on 10 June 2014
Because i had bought both books together decided to give this one ago but it's not for me.wont be buying any more
on 4 April 2014
A great follow up book, even better than the first, surprising twists to the story. Can't wait for the next.
on 24 July 2014