- Paperback: 150 pages
- Publisher: Ziggurat Books (5 Mar. 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1900439042
- ISBN-13: 978-1900439046
- Package Dimensions: 19.4 x 13 x 1.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 9,401,314 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Displaced Person: Poetry, Pornography and Politics - Selected Writings of Marcus Reichert, 1970-2005 Paperback – 5 Mar 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Paris, 15 May 2006
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
What is so striking when reading Marcus Reichert's collection is the unity, the cohesion over time and place, even displaced, moving between mediums and continents, between languages and costumes. His voice is always the same, always clear, always infallible. Understandably, fighting an order of pseudo morals, everything has to be renamed, purified, words dusted down before being re-placed. New morals, each time reinvented. Perhaps this is the faithfulness one hears from letter to discussion, from poem to politics. Funny how laughter at such invasive and staggering idiocy helps soothe the pain as if politics were first a way of anointing wounds with laughter, clearing the decks of shame as it were with a little black humour before carefully, but simply, telling it as it is.
Paris, 15 May 2006