on 19 March 2011
We bought this sturdy little tin boxed version after scouring the internet for the game - we were originally going for the full-size version, but the ones we found were either more expensive secondhand than buying new or there was a delay of six to eight weeks for a new game. This version is a fair size - at approx. 3x2cm the pieces are big enough to see the numbers clearly, and reasonably weighty pieces for a compact game, and it was well-packaged and arrived within a week of ordering.

The seller has obviously read the complaints in the reviews below and is now including English instructions (unfortunately rather poorly photocopied) - you can download and print from the Rummikub website with ease at [...] (select 'rules' which is below the number 4 tile on the Rummikub homepage).
0Comment| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 24 August 2013
As others have noted, there are only instructions in German, but available online thanks to Google. I'm not completely sure I downloaded the correct instructions (they refer to an online version) but we've managed to play several times with children from 9 years to adults. However, we found that it worked best with two people. It can be viewed as a puzzle, working together to optimise progress, or as a competitive game.

It's all very durable (and in an excellent tin), except for the stands, which are flimsy and would be great if they were bigger. But overall it's a good game and a good size both for storage at home and taking on holiday (not for playing in a car or small space though, as you need quite a bit of table or floor space, which won't be jogged).
on 24 April 2011
I have played Rummicube with our family of four, or else with just husband and myself for years. It is an engaging and quite long lasting game. I just returned from two weeks of caravanning in the Lake District and we happily amused ourselves in the evenings playing with our travel Rummikub.

If you don't know the rules, you will need to download them, unless you are fluent in German, as no English is included. The quality of the tiles is very good, except that we wondered why they chose to use red, orange, blue and black. The red and orange can be mixed up if there isn't sufficient light. Why didn't they use green instead?

The packaging is excellent and it arrived quickly for our holiday, although sadly the tin was slightly dented. If going abroad I'd leave the tin behind though.
on 21 November 2013
Nothing more to say about this excellent game and this "compact" version, packaged in a well-made and handy metal case. Great product overall.

My only quibble is that the instructions are in German, which is a bit of a shame as they are no so easy to find on the internet. In an age where you can't get a pair of earphones without receiving instructions in 49 different languages inc Korean, Catalan and what have you, it feels a bit stingy not to include rules in English when sold on Amazon.co.uk.

NB: Contrary to some other reviews, I've ordered this product recently (fall 2013) and they haven't added the English instructions in my delivery.
on 3 February 2016
We were first introduced to this game while on a skiing holiday. The adults would play after the kids were in bed (quality of play decreasing as after-dinner drinks were consumed). This version is great as the metal box keeps everything together. The stands have been improved, and the tiles are just big enough to handle easily. Note that the instructions are in German, so be prepared to download in English if you don't know how to play already.
on 24 June 2015
Well thought out travel game. We love to play rummykub in our campervan and this version is compact, strong and the case splits to form the 4 holders for the pieces. We carry the case in a cloth bag which then is used to pass around the players with the pieces inside for each turn.
on 7 May 2014
I CAN'T BELIEVE AMAZON LETS SUCH POOR PRODUCTS BE SOLD ON THEIR WEBSITE.
It's really a scam, I don't have words to describe how frustrated this "product" made me feel. The pieces are too small and too light, you constantly loose or drop them. CHEAP PLASTIC !!!
on 26 October 2014
Great service.arrived on time. Wrapped well. Item as described. Love this game. Play with the full size usually but has been perfect for my travels. Tiles good size to see and handle for a small version, light easily transportable. Definitely would recommend. Only one point I would make is the instructions really need to be translated into different languages....they are only in German!
on 26 August 2014
This is too small to use easily. I accept it is a travel edition but it is very fiddly and the tiles do not stay on the board - which is too small to take the required number of tiles. The full size version is a better option.
on 29 January 2017