- Also check our best rated Wii U Game reviews
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (Wii)
- Exploration: Players will explore familiar locations filled with interactive LEGO Objects and encounter more than 70 memorable and new characters while making their way through more than 20 levels
- Combat: The LEGO Caribbean is full of danger! Intense sword fighting moves give the LEGO Minifigure a brand new pirate flavour
- Unforgettable Cut Scenes: Some of your favourite scenes from the Pirates of the Caribbean films are re-rendered with LEGO Minifigures, in the humorous style synonymous with LEGO Video Games
- Puzzles: Players will need all their pirate cunning to find the hidden LEGO Treasures and discover the game's many secrets
- Two-Player Co-op: Players can join a friend or family member in the same room for two-player "drop-in/drop-out" cooperative action
- Freeplay: Building a collection of characters throughout the game, players can then use their distinctive abilities to gain access to previously unavailable areas
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
- Platform: Nintendo Wii
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Related products from Our Brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Platform: Nintendo Wii | Edition: Standard Edition
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game will be based in the world of the globally successful film franchise, incorporating storylines, locations and characters from the first three films ("Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl", "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End") as well as the upcoming fourth film, "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides".LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game will re-create the action, adventure and memorable moments of the Pirates of the Caribbean mythology in LEGO form, incorporating the humor of LEGO minifigures and fantastic worlds built from LEGO bricks and elements for players to explore.Players can take on the roles of more than 70 characters and experience the pirate adventure, irreverent humor and amazing creatures of the Pirates of the Caribbean films, through action-adventure gameplay and hilariously quirky LEGO cut scenes.Throughout the game, players will also have the freedom to explore environments from the highly acclaimed movie series in more than 20 levels. The game features two-player cooperative mode, in which players each control a character to experience the story together, and freeplay mode, which lets players return to levels to discover new items.
177 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-6 of 177 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My son just loves going into it sometimes to play around in the port and have a few good sword/gun fights. He also loves the 20 ships that you can get in the port once you have found all the mini-kits in the chapters.
The other Wii games are hardly getting a look in now we have this and another Lego game.
There is lots of problem solving to do to get through the levels and earn mini-kits. My son whose 8 needs some help to figure things out but my daughter 13 takes pride in working it all out herself. Personally I can spend ages doing the wrong thing and then feel foolish I didn't see the actual solution quicker!
The Lego characters have their own traits and we have had several funny moments in the house where the kids imitate the way the characters behave in the game. Having re-watched the films these traits can all be seen there.
Tips for the beginner:
1) You need to complete the first game which has several stages in order to see the full expanse of the game. This first game is in-fact the first chapter of 5 from the first film. Some reviewers have said they had to keep having to replay the same scene (the Blacksmiths). This is because they haven't completed this first chapter.
2) Smash everything you can to get studs and often reveal an obscured item which you need.
3) Use Jack Sparrow's compass in every arena and find all the things that are shown on it.
4) Purchase red hats in the port area as these will help you earn treasure more quickly and do a host of other things. Spend your hard earned treasure wisely though!
5) Once you have red hats make sure that you turn them on through Extras on the `+' menu whenever you start playing.
6) If you drop something like a torch and it disappears go back to where you originally picked it up also check you haven't left it with another character!
7) Women jump higher than men.
8) As you get further into it more things open up in the port as you earn more gold bricks.
9) There are loads of hints and tips on the `cheats' web sites but I managed to get through it all without their help though I caught my daughter on one once!
10) Once you have seen the trailers to the chapters you can press `C' to skip them on subsequent visits. Many of them are very amusing so it is well worth watching them the first time.
Still 5 stars but here are a few cons:
1) The game has frozen a few times at frantic moments of play. Whilst being extremely annoying at the time it happens infrequently enough to be easily compensated for by the overall fun playing the game. I've seen this in Lego Clone Wars as well but not as frequently so far. You can reboot by holding the power button in for several seconds rather than having to switch off at the wall either way you lose everything since the last save icon was displayed.
2) Characters can get stuck between objects this is normally solved by switching to another character or dropping that remote out. Assuming they aren't critical to completing the scene they release themselves to the next level when you move on.
3) When playing on your own there are one or two scenes where it is very hard to complete without two remotes but it is normally possible. Normally when playing on your own the other characters follow you around and follow your lead of how to solve a problem. If they don't follow you make sure that they have the ability to do so if they don't switch and help them across or swap their character.
4) The split screen with two players can be annoying but the benefit is that it can be fun working together to solve the levels and get treasure.
5) Treasure goes mad once you have several red hat multipliers. We got into tens of billions which is impossible to spend! Lego Star Wars - The Clone Wars LEGO Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars (Wii) appears to have solved this problem by making the red bricks more expensive.
6) I agree with some other reviewers that some chapters especially one called `Isla de Muerta' at the end of the first film are gloomy. You can turn the brightness up using Options which helps to a certain extent. On the other hand this level turns out to be one of the best when searching out mini-kits.
Overall it is a fantastic game and the price has dropped over the last year or so it is well worth buying.
We bought the Pirates of the Caribbean DVD box set Pirates of the Caribbean 1-4 Box Set [DVD] after playing this game and are thoroughly enjoying watching them all again and seeing all the bits that tie into the game.
Multi-player is good because unlike other games where you are against each other you need to work as a team in this one.
A lot of times whilst playing other games in multi-player we end up arguing but because you work together there isn't any need to argue.
Not only can you play as Jack but there are so many different characters, and each of the have a different tool and weapons. It includes some really fun puzzles and levels. And it's quite funny when you die because they explode into lego pieces lol.
i highly recommend this game to wii owners and people of all ages.
Good price, fast dispatch and delivery.... Thanks
I enjoyed playing the game and playing as different characters throughout all 4 films. The cartoons were quite funny, and the game fairly challenging to complete, but at times quite easy.
The only downside to the game is that there aren't that many levels (there are 5 levels for each film), and it would have been nicer to change some of the longer cartoons into more levels.
Overall it is a good game :0)
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?