Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 May 2008, 17:55:45 BST
Will says:
First of all i'm not a microsoft fan boy slagging off sony I love Sony....

My ps3 60gb has just stopped reading any disks Blueray or DVD...

The problem seems to be the circle thing in the cornor of the screen keeps rotating but there is no disk movement...

I have had all three consoles

360 lasted 3 months
PS3 lasted 6 months
Wii has lasted over 12 months and still works...

For me Sony has the best console when it works :(

off to ring sony up.... Anyone who wants the number its

08705 99 88 77

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2008, 12:48:04 BST
has anyone got any suggestions my ps3 60gb works with hdmi cable but not with normal av lead.
is there a setting somewhere you may have to change or is it the port thats no good.
thanks in advance

In reply to an earlier post on 13 May 2008, 16:19:11 BST
John says:
Yes, used mine on a HDTV and needed to change the settings. Then tried it back on SD and it would not work. Had to go back to the HD and change the settings again.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2008, 07:29:58 BST
Last edited by the author on 4 Aug 2008, 07:30:25 BST
Clark Kent says:
Ok well it seems you probably have all your consoles in a pit of dust or underwater.... and "The problem seems to be the circle thing in the cornor of the screen keeps rotating but there is no disk movement..." thats only on the internet browser... i have never seen that for disks....

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Dec 2008, 16:39:25 GMT
Mr. D. Fyffe says:
When you have your normal av lead plugged in to your scart plug or whatever turn on the ps3 on and hold the power button for a few seconds. It will switch to the correct av settings automatically.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Dec 2008, 16:37:33 GMT
Mr. Cd Gill says:
My sons PS3 60GB was taken away for repair on 17th Nov with disk reader problem.
The console was returned today and has came back exactly the same.
Customer service at Sony is nothing short of a disgrace.
When the console was taken we were told it would be returned in 10 days.
10 days passed, and when we rang the office they said 14 days.
14 days passsed, we were then told it could be 21 days.
We were finally given a return date of last Tuesday between 8am-6pm. Nothing arrived so after a heated call to sony in which I was told the console had not gone onto the van for dispatch!.We were then promised delivery Thursday 8am-12pm. At around 10.30am I received a call to say it wouldnt be coming, but would be delivered special delivery 10am today.
At around 12 today the console came, but when my 13 year old son switched on the problem was exactly the same.I have my reservations as to whether it has even been looked at.
After ringing up again understandably fuming, I was told a new 80gb console could be delivered on 29th Dec. I refused and demanded something be done in time for xmas. After eventually being put through to management they agreed the whole affair was a shambles and arranged a new console to be sent out on 23rd Dec(I wait with baited breath).
They seem to have no regard whatsoever for the consumer, and something needs to be done about them.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jan 2009, 14:56:32 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 17 Jan 2009, 15:20:15 GMT]

Posted on 9 Mar 2009, 22:14:46 GMT
BrianD says:
My Ps3 6ogb failed while i was playing Fifa09. Rebooted and all looked well except that now it won't recognise any format of disc. Not Blu-ray, not games, not dvd. All other functions are working as usual. including playing videos and game demo's already on the hard drive

It's 18 months old so no longer in warranty and Sony want a further £80 to fix it. I did a google search on "PS3 not recognising disc" and there are thousands of pages of forums with people who have the same issue.

As for Sony the quote i got was "the number od PS3's affected is a drop in the ocean compared to the millions we've sold. If it was an issue something would have been done about it" Sony are a disgrace. I sold my perfect slimline PS2 as i thought that my PS3 would last just as long.
And yes i have cleaned the lens, and restored to factory setting, and reformatted the hard drive and nothing makes any difference. So now i have a console that i paid £350 for (+ the hundreds and hundreds on PS2/3 games and accessories) that i can't use discs with.

Thanks for nothing Sony.

Posted on 17 Apr 2009, 02:51:00 BST
hi, turned ps3 on few days ago and did nothing but blow out air and sounded like a jet trying to take off. i quickly turned it off didnt know what else to do. switched it on few minutes later and worked fine. could anyone possibly tell me what it was?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  1 May 2008
Latest post:  17 Apr 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about