- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Discussion As A Way Of Teaching: Tools and Techniques for University Teachers (Society for Research into Higher Education) Paperback – 1 Sep 1999
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Stephen Brookfield began his teaching career in 1970 and has worked in England, Canada, Australia and the United States, teaching in a variety of college settings. He has written and edited eight books on adult learning, teaching and critical thinking and is a three time winner of the Cyril O. Houle World Award for Literature in Adult Education. After 10 years as a Professor of Higher and Adult Education at Columbia University in New York, he now holds the title of Distinguished Professor at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Stephen Preskill has spent twenty years as a teacher in public schools and universities. For the last twelve years he has been a Professor at Carleton College (Northfield, Minnesota), the University of St. Thomas (St. Paul, Minnesota) and the University of New Mexico (Albuquerque) where he holds the title of Associate Professor of Education. His interests are in the history and philosophy of education, the ethics of educational leadership, the biographies of American social activists, and connections between education and democracy.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Adult & Continuing Education > Adult Guidance & Handbooks
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Teacher Training
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies