Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 30 September 2014
I love Scott Cole's methods. I know not everyone agrees with him, but as with 'us all' - we have our own unique sense of style and interpretation. To me, he's got it spot on - with his OWN interpretation of tai chi he brings you into fluid motion. Easy, gentle yet highly effective. When you are finished, you have a sense of 'new breath' and centering. I also have his Tai Chi for Weight Loss DVD and CANT get enough of that one (I prefer it actually and then follow it with about 20-30 minutes of 'regular' tai chi). I think he's done a brilliant job and this can help those who are trying to gain or regain mobility, strength - but do not forget grounding and centering. Feeling like a 'new breath'. How you sit, your posture, how you move - gradually changes into better 'position' over all - in day to day activities. I encourage others to give this a try. He's perhaps one of the BEST insofar as VERY Easy to follow through out his instruction. ~You can do this by mirroring him - and he guides you VERY well. Those opposed to his methods to me, are opposed to the truth within tai chi. This is very helpful for sooo many reasons. I can now endure a great deal more (stamina, strength, endurance) and walk better because of Scott and his dvd's!! Highly recommend (and the Weight Loss Dvd!!)
on 8 October 2014
This is an easy-to-follow DVD for beginners, and it is relaxing and nice to do. Unfortunately, there is no variation at all, so I frankly got bored with it very quickly, which is a shame since it is such a well-presented video. If you want to learn Tai Chi, however, I would recommend it as part of your library. You can add other DVDs to enhance the experience.
on 1 April 2017
The DVD arrived quickly and in good condition. As a complete beginner, I find the DVD easy to follow and would recommend it.
on 29 October 2014
would not say this was for beginners, was looking for set practice routines but the are very long and repetitive.
on 6 December 2014
Great dvd
on 10 November 2014
A very good dvd and very easy to follow and very useful atthe same time
on 19 July 2014
good beginners guide easy to follow
on 15 October 2012
I first started my Tai Chi journey with this DVD many years ago, I purchased it again because the old one got scratched. Scott is a great instructor, he does not intimidate or dictate, he instructs and lets you get on with it as you see fit. Each section starts by teaching you the different postures in a studio, and leads onto a flowing uninterrupted sequence of postures set to tranquil music in beautiful outdoor locations. It is informative and easy to learn. Well worth a try if you are just starting out as this is a good beginners guide to the topic with many of the basic movements and principles clearly explained. You will feel a sense of achievement once you have finished a workout.
on 24 December 2012
this is a great starter for anyone considering tai chi the moves are easy to follow and well illustrated some of the leg movements are a bit tricky if you cant balance on one leg(like i cant) but you just miss out that bit all in all a great dvd for doing a bit of extra tai chi when you cant get to the gym or if you dont have a local gym that does tai chi classes. I also find this is a very good way to relax and unwind at the end of the day
on 26 August 2010
I decided to learn some basic Tai Chi following spine surgery and I love this DVD. Scott Cole is an excellent instructor and I found the moves easy to learn and very relaxing. I've bought some of Scott's other DVDs and would recommend them to people who are wanting to learn Tai Chi.