- Paperback: 416 pages
- Publisher: Lonely Planet Publications Ltd; 2nd edition edition (20 May 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1742201121
- ISBN-13: 978-1742201122
- Product Dimensions: 19.3 x 12.7 x 2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (5 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,190,320 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Discover France: Country Guide (Lonely Planet Country Guides) Paperback – 20 May 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other --New York Times
Compact, concise, great suggested itineraries --Amazon customer
Top Customer Reviews
the most disappointing aspect was the maps which i thought, being in colour, would be easy to use but simply didn't cover enough area of the cities we visited (nice, lyon, paris).
However its not detailed enough for actual travel. Places mentioned in the guide are not mentioned or not easy to find on regional maps provided (so not clear how to get to them), maps are not detailed enough, some interesting places or big cities are not mentioned at all in the book, so when you stumble upon them while driving - the book gives you no information at all about what's there to do. "Eating & Sleeping" recommendations are only 2-3 per big city, that are only most famous/expensive ones.
Overall - I definitely missed a full Lonely Planet "France" additionally to "Discover France" - to take full advantage of the travel. However if you're not at all bothered about seeing everything and you're not travelling by car - this book might be just enough.
Content is very superficial and very much limited to the basic 'must sees' for each area.
Don't waste your money.
It is extremely useful in the plan of our trip!