Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > The Return Journey forum

Disappointed?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Aug 2009 21:36:26 BDT
I am a huge Maeve Binchy fan but was very disappointed with The Return Journey. Half the short stories had been previously published and the other half were nowhere near as good as usual standard. They were too short and left me thinking "so what" and "Is that it?", very frustrating.

Posted on 23 Sep 2009 12:05:34 BDT
Freckles says:
I was wondering whether this was a new collection; it seems to be marketed as such, but several of the stories sound familiar?

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Sep 2009 08:24:37 BDT
Annie C says:
I'm sure this is a reprint and is being incorrectly marketed as a new collection. There may be one or two new stories in there, but the vast majority are old ones. Very disappointing.

Posted on 6 Oct 2009 09:00:10 BDT
Smurfy says:
Have a lot of these come from 'This Year it Will Be Different'? I've read that and all her other short story collections, so I'm just wondering if this is worth buying.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2010 17:50:07 BDT
sunshine says:
No dont bother wasting your money!!!! The stories were boring and pointless, what was maeve thinking when she penned this one. Sometimes when you read a book and you find your self inspired to search out the authors other works....well this one left me feeling the opposite, never again. I feel disappointed with my self for not finsihing this. I just could,nt!!!!!

Posted on 17 Aug 2010 19:40:41 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 Aug 2010 19:41:08 BDT
rainbowgrl says:
I agree with sunshine. I have finished it, though, but it took a while.

Really used to like reading Maeve Binchy but these stories were truly boring and pointless (can't even find new words for this).

Maeve Binchy was always on my wishlist as soon as I knew a new title was coming out but after reading this and "Heart and Soul", which I also did not enjoy as much as her earlier books, I think I might just give the next ones a miss. :(
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Return Journey forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  30 Aug 2009
Latest post:  17 Aug 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Return Journey
The Return Journey by Maeve Binchy (Hardcover - April 1998)
4.1 out of 5 stars (104)