on 18 July 2014
Loved the second book , read it in one day, glad that the romance finally blossomed, the storyline really had me hooked, my only negative was that the story came to a rather quick conclusion, or perhaps it was just that I did not want it to end, not sure about the cliff-hanger ( not of lover of endings with cliff hangers).
on 15 January 2015
Having read the previous JJ Graves Mystery tales which I enjoyed, decided to follow JJ"s exploits through the "will they, won't they" romance with Bloody Mary/King George County's Sheriff, but this was also a thrilling, fast paced mystery in the series and highly recommend. Now on to the next book, especially after the last page teaser which has me eagerly wanting to read Liliana Hart's next tale in this highly entertaining mystery series.
on 5 January 2015
Loved it. Loved the storyline though the grizzle was a bit much over breakfast! Loved the characters; well rounded, authentic. Not particularly predictable until the last few pages - always a bonus - and ending was happy enough to keep even me happy. Only slight niggle: I felt a lot of cliches were used and those were often repeated. Certainly not enough to spoil the book but enough for me to start looking out for them
on 25 January 2013
I really enjoyed the second jj graves book, she is so funny and smart and very lonley at times, I am so glad she let Jack into her heart and soul.
Jack is her best friend,lover and i think soul mate as well as her protector. i really cant recommed this book enough just read it you will love her.
on 3 January 2014
This is the second instalment in the JJ Graves series. And it doesn't disappoint.
Dr JJ Graves is independent complex character that has to come to terms with her past. Her parents treated her shabbily and many of the towns folk appear to dislike her. She now has to deal with the aftermath of an attempted murder and her deep feeling for the Sheriff. As well as running her parents funeral home and working as the local coroner. She has supportive friends to help her through this difficult time.
There are more twists and turns in this story but it moves at a fast pace with a easy style of writing.
A good read that you can't put down.
on 12 September 2015
I am really enjoying this series. It has suspense, lots of drama and humour. I.J. continues in her job as coroner to help Jack find out who has taken a dislike to the new Priest and why. Very well written.
on 18 February 2014
Whenever I sit down to read a novel I'm one of these who tends to loose interest very quickly unless gripped in the first few pages. This is one of those series that really hit the spot from page 1. A city/town out in the middle of nowhere hiding a dark secret and some great characters good and bad thrown into the mix. Result a series of very enjoyable mysteries. Give them a crack u won't be disappointed.
on 19 January 2014
I took a chance on this series and am so glad I did- I love a cozy mystery to read at night time and this one was perfect not to heavy but with well written characters that you really do care about and a plot that will keep you guessing off to buy the next one now
on 1 June 2014
I enjoyed this book as much as I did the first one in the series (A Dirty Secret) & I would highly recommend. The book holds humour, romance, crime & mystery. I've just bought the 3rd book now I've finished this one and I can't wait to read it.
on 10 January 2014
Good, but the first one was better. This time very few of the interesting towns folk made an appearance which means less humour. However, the end was intriguing, I look forward to seeing what happens next