Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 16 June 2017
My sister discovered this years ago and I would always look in and admired the Cuban music so I sat down to watch it and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The chemistey betweem Garai & Luna is excellently acted between the two. And their dancing also is something else!

Great film, enjoyable story, brilliant music.
on 31 May 2013
I love this film and watched it over and over for free. I knew I had to buy it though. I didn't purchase it because the acting is brilliant, or I thought it would be like Dirty Dancing - I brought this film for the music because it is FANTASTIC. If this film doesn't make you want to dance (or ride an exercise bike like me) nothing will.
I read lots of reviews and most of them were unfair about this film but if you keep an open mind and just enjoy it for what it is (just Light hearted and fun) you will enjoy the film.
Karrie
on 30 August 2017
Not as good as original film but as a stand alone with Patrick Swayze cameo an enjoyable watch
on 10 March 2017
good
on 11 August 2016
Love this film been trying to get it for ages,
on 30 April 2017
for an avid DD fan
on 23 April 2017
Yes, this was great. Happy with purchase.
on 13 August 2017
EXCELLENT
on 1 September 2006
Wow!!!

My parents bought me this in June for my birthday, i put it in the DVD rack expecting to watch it someday, laugh at it then never watch it again!

So, i thought i would see what amazon customers thought of it, and i was suprised to see most reviews had 5 or 4 stars. i put the DVD in and was in absolute shock that the film was sooooo brill!!!

It could never replace the original as i love that but i loved this just as much. the dancing was fabulous and sexy, the music was brilliant. i have new found respect for Shakira's - Hips Dont Lie, as the original is in this film and goes so well with it. Also i was pleasantly suprised to see Patrick Swayze in the film, a great addition. And the singer Mya too, i loved that bit in the film.

I always have to like the leading man to get into a film properly, and i didnt think i would with this one, but throught the film, Javier grew on me, and he was very handsome.

One problem was that i thought the film would be longer, it's only 1hr18mins and i wanted at least another 30 mins! but apart from that, it was a delicious, must see film. Go buy it now!
on 5 September 2017
The location of the film, dancing and music made it a must film to watch. Many times during the film, I laughed to myself as the actors made it interesting to watch. The film in a way made me understand the politics of Cuba pre Castro and the emergence of Senior Castro.