Customer reviews

on 13 January 2014
We bought this set for each of 3 seven yr-old cousins for Christmas (one is my son), having previously enjoyed a friend's birthday set. The boys had great fun excavating for the first set of dinosaurs together - the rock is hard set, and was quite a challenge for the boys to "dig", but really held their interest. Just a word of warning that the excavated rock was scattered far & wide across the "dig site". The dinosaurs are small plastic figures & not great quality - a few of the limbs were hacked off in the digging frenzy, but the fun had by the digging out more than made up for the rather dubious quality of the dinosaurs!
on 15 July 2014
Bought this for my nephew's 5th birthday. Was a bit concerned as to whether he would be dexterous enough to cope with it and not destroy it in one big hit! Actually he was very excited by the idea of being an archaeologist and so loved chipping little bits away and then sweeping it with the little brush. Generally he's a typical 5 year old with limited attention span but this really caught him and he would not be stopped from using it - even with the lure of birthday cake!
on 23 March 2015
My son is 5 and he's on his second box of these, at £7.99 it's also the exact right price for all his friends birthday presents, I think I've bought about 8 so far and free delivery, well worth the money
on 9 August 2015
My son brought this with his birthday money as he loved a similar set that his cousin had, at 12.99 I thought the quality was terrible and within half an hour he had finished the whole thing and found a few tiny cheap plastic dinosaurs so in my opinion it was a total waste of his money, we then found a much better quality set for £2.99 in the range!
on 22 September 2015
Bought these as a gift for two little munchkins who are 5 and 7. They absolutely loved them! They're both dinosaur obsessed and this was the perfect activity for a rainy day indoors.
on 19 January 2016
My budding Paleontologist loves these types of 'toys'. They teach her to be patient and careful when looking for fossils. A great way to teach a child (or adult) about excavation.
on 13 March 2015
Bought as a gift but seems popular with the dinosaur mad four year old I have it too. They did have to resort to a bigger hammer to stop him getting bored though.
on 14 January 2015
Bought this as a jokey present for my fiance we spent about 4 hours digging out the first block to find out that it was empty. Total disappointment!
on 16 January 2014
Great toy
My grandson had one of these which I accidently threw part of it away,he really enjoyed playing with it.
on 20 March 2016
Makes a bit of a mess but my 5 year son had a fantastic time playing with this!