Customer reviews

Digital Soul
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 10 May 2007
DJ Shortee was originally a drummer and I can only assume that her experience with the drums has spilled over into this album.

This is a very beat orientated album, very few samples placed carefully through out.

I for one really like this album, it suits me down to the ground, I love the beats, its not in your face, its one of those albums you can leave running in the background if you like or bob your head along to. I highly doubt I'm going to find anyone who won't enjoy this album on some level and I'm in no doubt that it will become a part of my regular rotation.

The reason I say that this album is worth four stars rather then five is because it feels like an unfinished project.

Part of the reason it will appeal to so many is that it doesn't take any risks or throw in anything that particularly stands out or grabs your attention and its in taking those risks with things such as MC's, Vocalists and more prominant instrumentals that make the difference between a good album and a great album.

The drums are the focus through out with many piano riffs and tunes laying in the background just begging for a little more volume. Perhaps that was the focus of the album, to allow you to fill in the blanks, give you just enough to leave you wanting more.

So in summary, this album is great for things such as scratching, casually listening, mixing and perhaps listening to in the car but it never quite grabs you.

If you're an MC then this album may be right up your alley, the backing tunes cry out for a good rapper.